Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Enforcement
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise his team of tax collectors to carry out their functions of enforcement.
- Ensure staff possess the prerequisite documentation to conduct enforcement exercises
- Liaise with the police as required to assist in enforcement exercises
- Regular communications with Director T&C on the team’s achievements and challenges to brainstorm and find solutions
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
- Work closely with Tax Audit and Legal departments to ensure the best results
- Respond quickly and decisively to notifications from the tax audit or legal departments
- Manage staff by training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance in line with HR policies.
- Carry out any other function as requested by the Director T&C
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Member CITN or Law School graduate
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience within tax administration with at least 3 years within the legal department of a state or federal inland revenue service
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong personality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection
Application deadline 24th June, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.