Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Assurance FY23
Job ID: 434461
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As an Assurance Staff, you will be a professional member of Assurance practice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As an Assurance Staff you will deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- An Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Accounting, and/or an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Successfully passed ICAN, ACCA examination
- A strong dedication to teamwork
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Skills and attributes for success
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the team.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the
- Engagement objectives, client’s engagement history, and planned audit approach. Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques.
- Develop people through teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Bring potential opportunities to the team’s attention. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY’s knowledge and services.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s environment.
- Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client’s business.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for:
- We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What we offer
- At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future.
- Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays, and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply