Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance and Regulatory Manager
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head Legal & Regulatory
- This role is responsible in ensuring all regulatory and government requirements are timely and accurately complied with; and maintain strategic relationship with government and regulatory stakeholders.
- Establish strategic relationships with government officials, policymakers, and regulatory agencies, and regularly engaging with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential risks and protect company interests.
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory, legislative or policy matters affecting the electricity sector and keeping internal stakeholders informed or involved appropriately.
- Develop, implement, manage and embed the corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric in line with the Board approved policies and the Codes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements for Ikeja Electric and its affiliates
- Monitor and ensure regular review of Ikeja Electric processes in line with governance requirements.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on corporate governance requirements and key regulatory changes.
- Develop initiates, maintains and revises policy and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Department and its related activities to prevent unethical conduct.
- Managing sustainability reporting and whistle-blowing.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop /implement corrective plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Entrench the corporate governance principles in both internal and external stakeholders as a way of Ikeja Electric carrying out its business
- Originate, organize and implement management agreed studies and investigations into methods and procedures to develop better governance practices.
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with other teams and executives to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Provide support on governance issues to the Board and Management.
- Represent and promote the Company principles and values in all industry interactions and communications and ensure the corporate brand is maintained.
- Creating and implementing organizational policies, standards, and procedures to comply with applicable regulations and codes.
- Periodic assessments of compliance with the established corporate governance policies, practices and procedures; and recommend ways to improve their effectiveness and eliminate observes weakness.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Law or any Social Science related field.
- Experience in Corporate Administration & Planning
- Experience in Policy formulation and implementation
- Minimum of 5 ‐ 10 years experience with at least 5 years in a comparable role.
- Governance and Regulatory stakeholder experience will be an advantage.
- Corporate Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Legal Advisory
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th January, 2022.