Geographic Information Systems Analyst at Benin Electricity Distribution Plc. (BEDC)
Benin Electricity Distribution Plc. (BEDC) is one of the retail electricity distribution companies licensed by the federal government Benin Electricity Disco (“BEDC” or “Benin Disco”) is one of the successor distribution companies (Discos) created following the unbundling and privatization of the state-owned Power Utility, Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc. BEDC is responsible for retail distribution of electricity in Delta, Edo, Ekiti, and Ondo States with geographical coverage of 55,770 square kilometers. The company operates from twenty five (25) business districts with approximately 350 offices located across the four (4) states with about 13 million people and about 4 million households.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographic Information Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
- Create maps and graphs, using GIS software (ESRI & QGIS) and related applications.
- Gather, analyse, and integrate spatial data and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Use Gis to analyse data related to electric power equipment and assets for planning purposes.
- Design, update and implement procedures and policies to improve efficiency and ensure sound GIS practices and analysis.
- Assess and develop a plan for GIS system software and hardware needs.
- Use Gus software to produce, display and analyse geographic information.
- Able to design, implement, maintain and administer relational database management systems.
- Analyse spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Create and implement standards for quality of geographic data.
- Maintain and update data base.
Requirements and Skills
- First Degree in Geographic information systems, Geography, Surveying, Geosciences, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Troubleshoot GIS network and application problems.
- Ability to design, manipulate, calculator GIS and associated database information.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, python etc.
- Knowledge of Electricity industry Regulatory will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years experience using geographic information system
- Proficiency in ArcGIS online, web mapping, etc.
- Understands principles and practices of GIS analysis and design.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Geographic Information Systems Analyst at Benin Electricity Distribution Plc. (BEDC)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.