General Food Distribution (GFD) Assistant at Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI)
Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI) is a Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization, founded in 2014 and incorporated with the Nigerian Government (Corporate Affairs Commission) in 2015 (CAC/IT/No 83231) to provide humanitarian assistance, in terms of emergency and Capacity building, social development and empowerment to eradication poverty and the fear of want. It has since its inception, been strategizing, collaborating, and interfacing with relevant stakeholders toward enhancing the individual’s ability to break free from poverty or bounce back in times of crisis.
Our society has over the years been bedeviled by insecurity, poverty, illiteracy, disease, hunger, malnutrition, lack of access to clean, water bad sanitation, human rights abuses environmental degradation as well a lack of economic opportunities, making it possible for the humanitarian crisis to thrive. DHCBI, therefore, has tailored its humanitarian services to building or restoring the capacity of individuals and communities towards rapid and quick recovery by supporting livelihoods and sustainable basic services through some articulated programs.
We are recruiting a qualified personnel to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution (GFD) Assistant
Location: Damboa / Askira Uba – Borno
Slot: 3 Openings
Job type: Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Working Condition: 100% Field Location
General Description and Job Brief
- The General Food Distribution (GFD) Assistant will support the GFD Officer in facilitating the implementation of all food distribution activities as well as support the IGA/VSLA implementation and other related activities.
- He/she will ensure that all proposed objectives and targets concerning GFD are achieved effectively.
- The GFD Assistants will help in coordinating and monitoring distribution.
- Also, help in overseeing the reception of food commodities from our partner transports to the warehouse, for storage.
- He/she will help in registration, crowd control and grouping of beneficiaries during distribution at the same time ensuring each household receives appropriate entitlement (giving priority to vulnerable people groups).
- Support the GFD in facilitating community mobilization, meetings and coordination of all distribution activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on distribution activity plans as instructed by the GFD Officer.
- Help in gathering information and data on food distribution activities at the site level through surveys, assessments, regular post-distribution monitoring and field supervision visits to beneficiary households where necessary under the leadership of the GFD Officer.
- Support in ensuring program activities are implemented according to approved guidelines.
- Mobilize and raise awareness about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries at the program site and LGA level.
- Assist in monitoring the uploading and offloading of commodities at the warehouse and distribution site.
- Assist in organizing beneficiaries into groups during distribution and help in conducting post-distribution discussions with beneficiaries and community leaders after each distribution cycle.
- Assist GFD Officer in coordinating the reception of commodities and monthly physical inventory.
- Ensure the commodities are neatly stored in the warehouse.
- Complete commodity tracking paperwork including stack cards, warehouse ledgers, etc.
- Support Storekeeper in post-distribution physical inventories.
- Under the leadership of the GFD Officer, oversee reception of food commodities from trucks, accounting and recording any differences between the number of units received per commodity against dispatched waybill.
- Support the GFD Officer in performing a monthly inventory of distribution materials to ensure all food commodities are available and ready to use before the monthly cycle.
- Help in mobilizing beneficiaries, Project Management Committee (PMC) and other community leaders/stakeholders.
- Produce GFD updates including in-field visit reports.
- Organize and prepare regular GFD reports.
- Contribute to program weekly/monthly reports including plans and facilitation of community awareness sessions on GFD.
- Support program teams to ensure M&E aspects of the GFD activities and learning experiences are captured.
- Support and coordinate with the M&E Officers for surveys, post-distribution and other program monitoring activities.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the FSL Manager.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within DHCBI and amongst beneficiaries.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout DHCBI. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of WFP and DHCBI compliance and ethics standards as well as adhering to those standards. Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- University Degree or Minimum of Higher National Diploma in FSL-related studies like Agriculture / Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Economics, Business Administration, Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Management or other closely related fields.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in humanitarian or development contexts, food assistance, nutrition or livelihood programs with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- Experience in community participatory methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Capacity and willingness to base at DHCBI field locations.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and other local languages.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to DHCBI’s mission, values and policies
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Good understanding and knowledge in the application of do-no-harm, conflict sensitivity principles and DHCBI standards and ethics for protection work.
- Good understanding of protection concerns, including GBV issues in displacement, human rights, and international humanitarian law.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, and children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, race, colour, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th March, 2023.
- DHCBI do not solicit fee from interested jobseekers. Please note that DHCBI will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- DHCBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DHCBI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, colour, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: General Food Distribution (GFD) Assistant at Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.