Peniel Apartments Limited is a hospitality company in the heart of Abuja, providing of medium to long-stay, serviced apartments to guests from various parts of the world for over twenty years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The occupant of this role will supervise the day-to-day operations of the front office and business development activities within the organization.
- He/she will be responsible for guest management, training and staff management as well as be partly responsible for revenues at the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to implement required Standard operating procedures at the front office as approved by management
- Supervise staff and all front office activities including reservations, booking and check-in while ensuring the effectiveness of the process
- Train, cross-train, and re-train all front office personnel.
- Routinely solicit for feedback from guests via the guest feedback process.
- Submit weekly guest contact list regardless of whether or not sales was made.
- Standardize existing promos and document them.
- Provide guests information about the offers and special deals
- Send promo sales information to potential guests
- Submit monthly reports on the number of enquiries that were successfully converted to sales at the front office
- Utilize the database of guest accounts for telesales , email marketing and promo sales purposes
- Ensure the updated with a minimum addition of 30-50 guests on a monthly basis
- Submit a report on the updated database on a monthly basis stating details of new additions and utilization.
- Work within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Uphold the apartment’s commitment to hospitality.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e. flash report, allowance etc.
- Participate in the selection of front office personnel.
- Monitor work Schedules and shift roasters for the front office staff.
- Supervise workload during shifts.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front office employee.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review and complete credit limit report after gaining approvals from management.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Via the use of database analytics and review of feedback form, generate monthly reports on occupancy showing the number of first time guests, return visits and revived customer relationships.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on guest segmentation, feedback and observation and proffer suggestions for process improvements.
- Carry out periodic self-audits on the department to determine the implementation status of all approved improvement processes.
- Maintain working relationship and communicate with all departments.
- Document the procedures for checking if guests’ accounts are funded and the steps to follow if the accounts are not funded.
- Maintain schedules showing the status of each guest’s account and update as required.
- Check cashiers in and out and verify banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Ensure implementation of all apartments policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Ensure accurate input of data on opera to maximize its reporting value.
Education & Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or similar certification
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the hospitality industry, at least m
- Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Opera HS software is a MUST
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good leadership and training abilities.
- Complaint handling and conflict resolution skills
- Good personal presentation and professionalism
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st January, 2022.