Food & Beverage Director / Manager at Dalchifit Hotel & Suites
Dalchifit Hotel & Suites Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel that has a wellness/fitness centre with world class gym and intergrated facilities to enable you play, work, and live, It is strategicallylocated at the residential area in 1st Avenue Gwarimpa,Abuja. The Hotel is 35minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food & Beverage Director / Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: General Manager
- The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for co-ordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
- Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of Your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Evaluation forms must accompany all invoices.
- Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Must have a complete knowledge of FireProcedures.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketingactivities.
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
- To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while :a. Maintaining a labour cost below the maximum of 15%. b. Assuring adequate and consistent
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
- Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
- Directly responsible for larger groups…overseeing medium and smaller groups:
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Minimize number of customer complaints.
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Meeting with convenors and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Ensure all staff have ‘Smart Serve’ certification.
- Personnel selection.
- Discipline of personnel when required.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
- Minimize the number of Workmen’s Compensation claims.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- Proper hiring procedures followed. For management positions, either the HR Manager or the Asst. General Manager must join the Director of Food & Beverage for all interviews. For line personnel, the Assistant to the Director of Food & Beverage must be present with the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
- Proper termination procedures must be followed.
- Department meeting being held monthly. General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Human Resources Managerto be notified of meetings in a timely fashion.
- High employee retention.
- Personal development and growth.
Education an Experience
- Post Graduate or Degree or three (3) years Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Supervisor. Proven track records.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Food & Beverage Director / Manager at Dalchifit Hotel & Suites
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria