Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller – SmartCash PSB
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- The Finance Controller is responsible for the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting and accounting processes and systems.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Releasing accounting guidelines and clarificatory notes to various team members in response to changes in accounting standards, banking regulations and internal reporting needs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Chart of Accounts at Company Level.
- Ensure company level books closing process every month, quarter and year in terms of timelines and accuracy
- Reviews preparation and finalization of financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss statements, cash flows and notes on accounts as per applicable companies’ law and banking regulation act). Custodian of the internal control framework related to all accounting process.
- Drive cross functional compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Conducts reviews of the accounting operations and analyze trial balances including aging, movement, recoverability, and impairment.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements related to Direct and Indirect taxation of the organization are met including timely and accurate submissions returns and filing, etc.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll etc., manage the bookkeeping function, using the accounting packages, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable etc.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that company financial information is secure.
- Perform variance analysis and sense checks and review SLA delivery of the finance operations team.
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements including co-ordination with statutory, tax and internal auditors for timely closure as per calendar.
- Ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements in respect of accounts, reporting and audit.
- Structuring and maintaining Financial Delegation of Authority (FDOA).
Qualification, Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor' Degree in a related field
- ACCA, ICAN or CFA is compulsory
- Over 13-18 years of work experience in banking/financial/others industry with a progressive financial responsibility
- Experience of working in Accounting /FINCON function in a Bank is a mandatory requirement
- Understanding of accounting principles, standards (IFRS) and banking regulations.
- Knowledge of payments, ecommerce, and banking industry
- Proficient in using microsoft offices software
- High level of proficiency in the use of Flexcube Banking/Oracle Accounting software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.