Financial Controller / Director of Finance at Dalchifit Hotel and Suites
Dalchifit Hotel & Suites Abuja, managed by Premium Swiss Hotels & Resorts Zurich-Switzerland, is a luxury 4Star hotel that has a wellness/fitness centre with world class gym and intergrated facilities to enable you play, work, and live, It is strategicallylocated at the residential area in 1st Avenue Gwarimpa,Abuja. The Hotel is 35minutes’ drive to/from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport and 15mins from the city Centre of Abuja.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller / Director of Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Hotel General Manager / Managing Director
- The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounts department, like preparation and management of the hotels financial budgets, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of the hotel in compliance with the local tax laws and also by the hotel’s SOP’s.
- Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capitala nd cash control. Etc. Also, ensure the safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the properties overall accounting and financial management requirements.
- Responsible to represent the finance department during daily morning HOD meetings.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance of the hotel.
- Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager in meeting the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, operating results.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish the work.
- Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
- Monitor and improve hotels operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognising the contributions of team members.
- Provides excellent leadership by differentiates top performers, fosters teamwork and also able to encourages work/life balance.
- Responsible to liaise with the hotel owner or managing director of the organisation.
- Able to prepare and submits management reports in a timely manner and also ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
- Able to assists proactively with cost control requirements.
- Able to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Responsible to ensure disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotels standard.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
Education and Experience
- Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting or similar major.
- 5 to 10 years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.
- Should have a high command of MS Applications like Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Knowledge of Back office or accounting systems like Sun, SAP, Sage, Freshbooks etc.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Excellent financial/business decision making.
- Should possess strong Financial knowledge.
- Analytical skills and very well organised.
- Knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like FIDELIO, OPERA, Protel Etc.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Financial Controller / Director of Finance at Dalchifit Hotel and Suites
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.