Financial Controller at Youverify
Youverify is a leading provider of digital identity management and supports innovative Private security companies, Government agencies, FinTech companies, and top-tier banks to manage KYC, and AML in a safe and regulatory-compliant manner. Youverify’s mission is to be the most reliable source of identity, address, and background data verification. Since being peer-selected by cohort members of Village Capital PayPal Fintech 2018, Youverify has continued to shift the verification landscape with our product offerings. As a company that provides modern and compliant identity and address verification services for government, global enterprises, and start-ups, Youverify knows first-hand how difficult it may be for businesses to verify the identity of their customers, staff, and partners and we want to help to make this process as simple and easy as possible.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team that will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial planning and management of the organization. The ideal candidate must be experienced in corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and the development of policies and procedures.
- This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-growing and product-driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we continue building our identity verification solution.
- Oversee financial planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and internal control. In charge of financial reporting to management and the board of directors, as well as compliance with government regulations.
- Manage billing, accounts receivables, accounts payables, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Preparing month-end reports for management, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders which include local and international tax authorities and consultants.
- Identify risks and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Recommending changes in policies or procedures that will improve financial performance.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support, and strategic direction in the execution of the department functions and activities.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, financial modeling, and report variances
- Reviewing the company’s financial statements to ensure they are accurate
- Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 2 – 3 years of proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Excellent understanding and use of accounting software.
- Understanding of financial best practices and IFRS/International accounting and financial reporting standards.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements and Financial Modeling.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Financial Controller” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th January, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Financial Controller at Youverify
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.