Pentagon Real Estate Investment Limited is a privately owned company incorporated on 6th February 2007 with the objective of providing Real Estate services to individuals and corporate bodies. It commenced business shortly after incorporation and has its head office at Suite E68, Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos State. The Company is managed by professionals with several years of training and experience both in Nigeria and abroad.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Locations: Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage a competent Financial Controller who will oversee the treasury, accounting and financial reporting functions at Pentagon Real Estate Investment Limited to ensure timely and accurate reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
- We are seeking a hard-working, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely close and reporting.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the company’s financial performance using relevant KPIs.
- Oversee preparation of the organization’s consolidated management accounts every month.
- Review and validate general ledger entries on the ERP for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and validate all invoices (both customer and supplier) and accounting schedules (e.g., fixed asset register, payment schedules, receivables aging analysis).
- Oversee the implementation of accounting policies and recommend improvements where necessary.
- Conduct frequent review of accounting processes and internal controls and advise management on risk areas and mitigating strategies.
- Monitor updates in financial laws and regulations and advise management on compliance.
- Provide technical advice on financial reporting issues.
- Supervise and coach Finance team members.
- Monitor cashflow balances and debt obligations across the group.
- Supervise credit risk management process including supporting collection of receivables.
- Coordinate all audit activities including statutory and tax audits to ensure timely completion.
- Supervise financial operations of the company.
- Monitor tax compliance and ensure all tax obligations are paid and filed on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related disciplines
- Chartered accounting qualification (ICAN or ACCA) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in accounting, finance, or audit, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position. Experience in an audit firm will be a plus.
- English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Advanced soft skills including communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience with accounting software packages.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Strong knowledge and application of IFRS standards and accounting principles.
- Advanced communication, leadership, and negotiation skills.
- Hands-on experience with preparing consolidated financial statements.
N250,000 – N300,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.