Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international financial institution established by the 15 Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). EBID includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The main objective of EBID is to contribute to the economic development of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs. The headquarters of the bank is in Lome in the Togolese Republic.
In order to reinforce its human resource capacity, the ECOWAS BANK for Investment And Development is seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst (Bilingual)
- The successful candidate will assist in implementing the project financing policy of the Institution within the framework of project cycle.
- Identify, appraise and prepare projects;
- Monitor procedures for the procurement of goods and services;
- Introduce and follow up on disbursement requests;
- Monitor the performance of project execution agencies;
- Prepare periodic activity reports on projects in the portfolio of the Bank;
- Monitor projects until their full completion;
- Physical inspection of investments to be realized within the framework of projects financed;
- Verify status of implementation of projects and quality of works;
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisors and Management.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- The successful candidate must be a holder of at least, a Master’s Degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Management, or a related field, or any other equivalent degree from a recognized university or institution of higher learning;
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience in a national or international corporate body involved in project financing and management (Identification, Preparation, Appraisal, Monitoring and Supervision) in various sectors of activity. Experience as a credit analyst in a financial institution or in drafting of business plan in a consultancy firm would be an asset;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment and to maintain good relations with other staff members;
- Analytical, review, organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Good physical condition enabling participation in field missions;
- Be perfectly bilingual.
- Good knowledge of Financing Arrangements and Structured Finance;
- Strong knowledge of Project Appraisal (Preparation, Appraisal), Monitoring and Supervision (Data Collection and Analysis) and Procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of Economic and Financial Appraisal, Risk Analysis and Mitigation for projects in various sectors of activity;
- Mastery of financial analysis (accounting analysis of past financial statements, comparative trend and sector analysis by ratios, etc.);
- Mastery of financial modelling (Financial analysis forecasting with sensitivity tests);
Candidates must be:
- Nationals of ECOWAS Member States;
- Not more than 45 years old;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Fluent in French and/or English and/or Portuguese, and proficient in one of the other two languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications by email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application must include
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A letter of interest;
- Copies of degrees or certificates;
- Copy of identity card or passport; and
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Any application not submitted through this email address would not be acknowledged.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and oral interview. EBID reserves the right to withdraw the notified vacancies
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.