Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations (Assistant) Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- Lumos Nigeria is looking for an ambitious Finance Operations (Assistant) Manager. You will report to Head of Finance and you will lead a team of accountants.
- Your main task will be to ensure that the team of accountants is in control of:
- Daily execution of all finance bookings, including invoices, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales orders, bank accounts and all vendor, bank and suspense account reconciliation.
- Reporting and follow up on all outstanding items
- Treasury, cash flow management and payments
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the finance operations team.
- Ensure that revenue is timely and completely invoiced.
- Managing banking relationships.
- Ensuring the financial operations KPIs are met and providing improvement recommendations.
- Assistance with preparation of reporting to all regulatory authorities
- Work together with other departments in the Company to create smooth companywide processes.
- Take over from other managers in the finance department when they are on leave And providing recommendations to management that will improve efficiencies.
- Ensuring that all routine and non-routine financial bookings are made correctly and on time.
- Ensuring that all necessary daily and periodic reconciliations take place on time and that outstanding balances and reconciliation differences will be resolved within set time frames.
- Ensuring that all bookings and transactions are properly stored and documented
- Managing the payments processes and day to day cash flow
An Ideal candidate has the following profile:
- M.Sc / B.Sc / HND in Accountancy / Finance combined with ICAN, ACCA (equivalent) is preferred.
- At least 1 years experience as managing a (small) finance team and a total of at least 5 years experience as finance professional.
- Continuously striving for improvement and resilient.
- Delegates to the team when possible and hands-on when necessary.
- All round experience with all financial processes (order to pay, sales to cash, reconciliations).
- Experience with all tax and other regulatory reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Pro-active and no nonsense.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Focused on developing him/herself and the team.
- Big 4 experience is an added advantage.
- High integrity is a must, and The ideal candidate is ready to take the next step in his/her career in the new (renewable) energies Lumos specifically invites both experienced financial accountants/manager as well as financial talents to apply as the Company is a firm believer that excellence, commitment and maturity are not a function of age, but are a function of talent and drive to be successful.
What Working at Lumos Offers
We Offer the following:
- At Lumos we find it important to develop our staff to be amongst the best people working in the
- Nigerian Solar Tech Eco-system.
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance.
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression.
- Health care benefits and pension.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter including their Motivation and Assessment of their suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The application process will include interviews and tests as applicable
Application Deadline 27th January, 2022.