Finance Officer at International Alert
International Alert is one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with over 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace. Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peacebuilding; and to strengthen the peacebuilding sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Kaduna / Zamfara / Benue / Sokoto, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 12 Months
The Finance Officer will:
- Manage the finance, administration and operations procedures
- Supervise and manage the performance of relevant staff
- Support other sub-offices in financial and operational matters.
- Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager
Manage the Finance, Administration and Operations Procedures of Alert Offices:
- Ensure total compliance with Alert policies, donor regulations, and national law in all finance, administration processes
- Prepare fund requests for Alert office running costs and service providers in a timely manner
- Review all staff activity and travel expenditure requests and advance retirements for processing
- Maintain the petty cash of the office assigned.
Supervise and Manage Performance of Office Staff:
- Line manage staff under supervision, in line with Alert’s performance management policy (PMP).
- Ensure the work of the staff under supervision is conducted with quality and in compliance by ensuring adequate onboarding and coaching
- Develop capacity building plan for supervisees.
Support other sub-offices in financial and operational matters:
- Liaise with suppliers/service providers in the region to support procurement and operational processes for Alert office
- Review, approve and support procurement processes within level of authority (see Finance and Procurement manuals)
- Conduct audits and spot-checks of implementing partners
- Organise logistical arrangements for staff travelling interstates for official purposes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February, 2023 (23:59 UK Time).
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Finance Officer at International Alert
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.