Finance Officer at Gembu Centre for HIV / AIDS Advocacy, Nigeria (GECHAAN)
Gembu Centre for HIV / AIDS Advocacy, Nigeria (GECHAAN) is a Faith-based, Community Driven, Non-profit Making, Non-political, Non-governmental organization in Nigeria registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission since 2005 under number 19247. We focus in Health, Food security and livelihood, WASH and Peace building. After several years of grassroots HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, GECHAAN is already well known and recognized on the Mambila Plateau and the entire Central and southern Senatorial Zones of Taraba State.
CBM International is collaborating with us (GECHAAN) in the implementation of the BMZ-Transitional Development Aid funded Project in Taraba State, towards strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in selected communities in Sardauna and Kurmi LGA’s, with focus on three complementary and interlinked components in the areas of Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Protection and Peaceful coexistence.
We are recruiting a qualified personnel to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job type: Contract
Contract Duration: 5 Months
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for financial administration, including the management of the account for the NIRR II project, the financial information required for various funding returns, the day today financial management, as well as undertaking general admin tasks under the guidance of the project coordinator and the funders.
- Oversee the financial operations of the project on behalf of GECHAAN/CBM and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Ensure the expenditure is as stipulated in the budget lines and strict adherence to the budget limits
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects transaction to ensure appropriateness and alignment to financial regulations and standards
- Check, process and record all payments, and expenses claims received, code items to agreed budgets, and action payments.
- Ensuring that procurement processes are duly followed in line with the organization`s policies for each procurement
- Reconcile transactions on QuickBooks and bank statements and ensure that it balances.
- In liaison with the project coordinator monitor budget spending in line with spending plan; ensure diligence in grants utilization including timely spending and value for money
- Propose anticipated budget realignment in discussion with the project team
- Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the project coordinator.
- Obtain approvals from the project coordinator and from the donors on all procurements and purchases for the projects.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Prospective candidate must possess at least a relevant Degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of one year post NYSC relevant working experience.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Taraba or its environs
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th March, 2023.
- Equal opportunities are given to all applicants.
- GECHAAN engages persons with disability as long those persons are capable and meet the requirements for the vacant position as set out in the Job Description and Person Specification
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Finance Officer at Gembu Centre for HIV / AIDS Advocacy, Nigeria (GECHAAN)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria