The ADDA Girl Education Foundation (AGEF) is aimed at building young girls from cradle to leadership. The ADDA foundation will bring together the best in public and private sector resources and knowledge toward closing the gender gaps that persist in education and securing a better future for girls.
The programme’s main objective is to build a new set of female leaders empowered with the education and leadership skills required to make positive changes in Nigeria. The Foundation will mobilize all critical stakeholders for social approval of the mandate of the foundation. The Foundation will mobilize and engage men, women, and school-aged youth through grassroots community initiatives to take action to address barriers and social norms impeding girls’ access to quality basic education and transition to junior secondary school for girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: The Finance Officer will report directly to the Program Manager
Description / Scope of Work
- We are looking for a highly experienced finance officer to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Also, the finance officer will provide accurate quantitative information on the financial position, financial systems, liquidity, and cash flows of our organization, while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained in line with International Financial Reporting Standards and Donors and Partners requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of AGEF’s financial management reports (monthly, quarterly, and yearly).
- Prepare a monthly budget vs actual spending for projects.
- Ensure that all accounting records are updated promptly.
- Processing of the release of prepayments and retirement of cash advances.
- Preparation and processing of invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for petty cash accounts.
- Educate subordinates on the provisions of the manual, statutory laws and regulations, fiscal policies, and any charges thereon.
- Carry out monthly support visits to project partners and submit reports.
- Supervision of all subordinate staff of the finance department.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation statement and submit it to PM for consolidation.
- Collaborate with State Staff to ensure timely reporting and prompt retirement of advances accordingly.
- Posting and updating prepayment and cash advances subsidiary ledger.
- Responsible for issuing receipts, preparing, and posting Payment Vouchers, and maintaining the cash books following laid down policies and procedures.
- Monitoring of Advance Payments control accounts and generation of periodic advance payments schedule.
- Ensure that all registers including Cheque Register, Fixed Assets Register, and other subsidiary ledgers are appropriately kept and up to date.
- Carry out other duties/special assignments as may be delegated by superior officers.
- First Degree B.Sc./HND in Accounting
- Master’s in Accounting or Finance is a must
- Excellent knowledge of Quick Books accounting software
- Versatile knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Having work experience with Community-Based Organizations and State staff.
- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA qualification is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a project with international or local NGOs especially Global Fund sponsored project
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Vast experience with accounting and payments
- A high level of numerical and analytical skills
- A good understanding of a wide range of business issues.
- A deep understanding of tax management
- Excellent knowledge of financial reporting
- Planning and organizational skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- The capacity to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meticulously
- Strict sense of confidentiality.
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete Applications electronically to: [email protected] using “Application for Finance Officer ” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12th November, 2021.