Finance Intern at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the role
- Sightsavers are looking for a Finance Intern who will work within our Accelerate Programme to support the implementation and planning of the project in line with the organisations goals.
- The Intern will assist in a wide range of tasks including the development and documentation of the project plans.
Key duties will include:
- Assist in documentation, filling and archiving of documents (programme, monitoring and financial reports) in appropriate storage filling methods.
- Assist in innovative implementation of activities for programme delivery and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Assist in gathering/photocopying of supporting documentations for payment vouchers and coding and filling of payment vouchers in arch file accordingly.
- Assist in tracking and following up on all outstanding advances to ensure timely retirement of project team.
- Support the team in the logistics for activity preparation and travels.
- Arranging and coordinating programme meetings and activities, also ensure reports are written and submitted within the expected timeframe.
- Assist in periodic verification of physical assets procured for projects.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by the Compliance and Risk Manager.
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain skills within a Finance role and within an INGO.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- One year of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Ability to understand project budgets, forecasts, and reports.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Possess relevant work experience, or a degree/education in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Good analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th March, 2023.
- To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
- We anticipate that interviews will take place during the week of the 27th March and the evaluation process will include an oral interview at our Abuja office.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Finance Intern at Sightsavers Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.