Finance / Human Resources (HR) Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Location: Gummi, Zamfara
Job Type: 3 Months Definite Contract (with possibility of extension)
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Execute administrative, HR/Finance and legal-related tasks to support Project FIN/HR Manager and do the follow-up of project accountancy, according to administration manager’s and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives.
- Execute administrative and legal-related tasks, under supervisor of the FINHR Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal flies in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Prepare the employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter date into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update social security Tax office employee flies in order to meet legal requirements and duties
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project Finance Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Draw up the final pay slips and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF‘s interests.
- Order to ensure the highest control and security; assisting the Project Fin Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Project Finance Manager.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Process all bank payments (internet, cheques, transfers) after receiving and reviewing the supporting documentation for compliance with the finance policy, quality standards and the beneficiaries’ banking details. Check the bank balance frequently and ensure its within the maximum and minimum stipulated by MSF. Flag to the manager when the amounts are low so it can be followed up.
- Liaise with coordination in terms of doing the paperwork necessary for any bank transaction and follow up.
- Ensure that the monthly closing deadlines are respected, actively follow up and inform the manager if deadlines are approaching in terms of the normal monthly financial procedures.
- Assisting the Finance /HR Manager in the prevision of monthly financial planning (MMRs) in order to ensure the coverage of daily project needs, advances on salaries, daily workers and also advising coordination of anticipated costs for their financial planning. Ensure collaboration with department supervisors to facilitate accuracy of MMR.
- Ensuring respect of and strict compliance to MSF standards (Chart of accounts, quality of documents, Authorization table, expense validation procedures, cash security rules, etc.).
- Processing the payment to suppliers/third parties and keeping strict oversight on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity. Report on any outstanding payments to ensure timely communication with affected individuals as necessary.
- Is responsible to ensure all receipts meet MSF requirements (deadlines, information, signatures).
- Checking individual entries and preparing the necessary originals documents for efficient justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Prepare the hardcopies according to the month-end checklist and ensure proper filing of financial documentation. Review the projects’ bookkeeping to ensure that the supporting documentation complies with the finance policy standards and ensure exception reports are completed as required.
- Update the food-kitty costs and charge out to International staff’s sub accounts on a monthly basis
- Check for monthly bank statement matching with the transactions and monthly bank reconciliation as requirement and prepare as per MSF template.
- Supervise the cashier; ensure to provide guidance and support in order for the staff to be performing as per the financial standards required.
- Ensure that the daily worker pool is updated and the relevant information are reported accurately. Facilitate their work with each department. Additionally ensure that the paper work for daily worker use are accurate, updated and complete.
- Take care of national and international staff flights, accommodation, airport transport, visa, work permit, medical tests and any related transit work.
- Brief new arrivals both national and international in terms of the project, introduce them to the team and also their accommodation
- Supervise the cleaners, cooks and cashier, take care of their administrative needs and ensure they carry out their day-to-day tasks effectively.
- Control the admin office supplies in terms of stationary and cleaning items in addition to drinking water, tea, sugar, milk and coffee etc. make sure that we have sufficient stock in the office. Liaise with the supply department and make sure we don’t run out of these items.
- Be flexible and open to work in a dynamic and ever changing work environment
- Assist in recruitment technicalities such as sharing vacancy with coordination for announcement , making the recruitment tool, arranging and facilitating test locations between projects, informing applicants whether selected or not.
- L&D follow up (sending applications, facilitating trainings, follow up on reports, booking the venues preparing per diem, security money, travel , visa requirements etc. filling out L&D activity reports and following up with the L&D manager in the mission in terms of all L&D related activities.
- Keep abreast performance management requirements in the projects, maintain an overview, follow up on staff appraisals and evaluations with supervisors and managers, and record them in Homere in timely manner.
- Be adaptable in terms of taking on new tasks and adjusting to ad-hoc requests
- Be friendly and welcoming to all staff, encourage having an open and safe environment in the office.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Finance, Business or Administration-related Diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least 2 years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- English essential, Hausa an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioral Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their CV, Cover Letter and necessary credentials to: [email protected] using ‘FIN/HR GUMMI' as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th January, 2023.
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered
Thank you for viewing: Finance / Human Resources (HR) Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.