Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant (PF-SMC Support)
Locations: Abuja, Bauchi, Borno, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo, Plateau and Sokoto
Employment Type: Temporary, Contract
Duration: This is a fixed term contract for the period of 5 months
- The Finance Assistant will provide finance functions including clerical work and accounting services of maintaining proper financial records of all transactions in accordance with MC financial procedures to the respective field offices.
Scope of work
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for timely filing of field/country office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers, bank information, financial correspondence etc.
- S/he will also ensure orderliness within the finance department.
- The Finance Assistant will deal with all payments documentation as well as advising the Project Manager, Technical Officer and Financial Accountant on the arising financial matters and sharing area of concern with suggested solution within he/her capacity.
Finance work (50%):
- Review all transactions and ensure completeness of documentation and approvals.
- Work with Finance Officer to ensure PV is raised with all supporting documents for every payment made and filed.
- Advising the Finance Officer on the arising financial matters and sharing areas of concern with suggested solutions.
- Maintain an excel journal template for recording of all payments completed and share with Finance Officer weekly for posting.
- Review attendance using the approved Database and prepare payment schedules for participants of SMC personnel to ensure names in attendance sheet tally with Database and Schedules.
- Prepare payment vouchers, ensure correctness of cost classification and coding
- Receive payment advise and attached to relevant documents to file
- Preparing Payment schedule of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants
- Safeguarding the organisation resources by scrutinising all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs by adhering to the MC Manual, Policies and Procedures
- Follow up on the stock balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely order before stock outs occurs.
Suppliers Invoice (15%):
- Track and receive all invoices from suppliers & vendors and prepare the Invoice authorisation forms
- Prepare all invoice payments and obtain approval from the authorised personnel
Operations related work (30%):
- In charge of archiving, scanning and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team.
- Ensure Finance Documents (PVs) are filled as per Malaria Consortium Finance Manual filing requirement.
- In-charge of collating timesheets of all field office staff.
- Keep tracker for all payment documents to ensure they are sent/ received to/in Abuja.
Perform other duties as require by Finance Officer, Accountant and Finance Manager. This will include but not limited to (5%):
- Support audit by making documents available.
- Support in Asset spot check and physical verification.
The successful candidate will have:
- OND / HND or Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a finance team, with at least one year in an Accounts Assistant position.
- Experience in working in INGO an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other software skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th May, 2022 (23:59 BST).
- Candidates should clearly indicate the state they are applying to in their CV and Cover letter.
- Please if you recently applied or have participated in written test for similar position, do not re-apply.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.