Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Reference: BBC/TP/2269572/60440
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
Reports to: The Finance & Administration Assistant reports to the Hub Bureau Manager, Lagos.
- You will report in first instance to the Hub Bureau Manager, Lagos for the day-to-day running of the Lagos Bureau’s administration and finances.
- You will support administration and financial affairs for all parts of BBC News group in Nigeria.
- In doing so, the post holder will have to work with the International Operations and Finance teams, as well as local suppliers where necessary.
- You will be supporting financial controls, the administration of strategic initiatives, and best practice in the Lagos Bureau and will work closely with the Hub Bureau Manager, Lagos, the Accountant, the Africa Bureaux Editor and the Editors, BBC Pidgin, Yoruba & Igbo Services, providing proactive financial support for planning and deployment decisions, as well as providing purchasing assistance.
- To ensure timely and accurate billing of revenues earned. To be responsible for revenue and direct cost reporting and to support customer interactions with respect to queries and payments relating to invoices
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Invoice all revenues in the appropriate period, correctly according to contract and the facts of each case
- Raise credit notes in the appropriate period, correctly according to contract and the facts of each case
- Ensure that all customers receive their invoices and credit notes on time
- Ensure posting to the accounting records of all invoices and credit notes and reconcile the accounting records with the billing systems on a monthly basis
- Identify and prepare revenue adjustments, accruals and corrections and, after approval, post these amounts on time to the accounting records before month end
- Reconcile revenue and billing on a monthly basis
- Be a primary point of contact for the sales teams for queries about billings and payments
- Work with each revenue generating department to eliminate any queries or issues arising from invoicing or the payment/non-payment of customers
- Provide monthly reporting to each revenue generating department on the invoices and credit notes raised for their area of responsibility and clear any questions or issues arising promptly before month end
- Support other members of the Finance team
- Help maintain the accuracy of the ledger accounts
- Daily contact with: Finance team members, customers and responsible managers in the various revenue generating departments
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Grounding in accounting and finance concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Accounts Receivable Ledger experience (SAP desirable).
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have Accounts Receivable Ledger experience (SAP desirable) with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- You will also be able to communicate effectively with a range of people at all levels of the BBC.
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure with high attention to detail and accuracy is also required.
- You will have experience of producing timely and accurate information/reports and have the ability to prioritise, use initiative and work effectively under pressure without close supervision.
- You will have good planning and organisation skills and have excellent written and spoken English language skills. Working knowledge of Yoruba, Igbo or Pidgin would be advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th May, 2022.