Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically.
We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Job ID: 21600000212
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Finance and Administrative Assistant (FAA), will support financial, administrative, and operational tasks to ensure the smooth operation of NMP.
- The FAA will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager and work closely with the Logistics Specialist. This position will be based in Abuja.
- Support procurement actions for office supplies for the day-to-day running of each office.
- Manage petty cash, process travel expenses and distribution of cash advances.
- Prepare payments for suppliers and MSI staff, deposit/withdraw funds or make bank transfers for project operations.
- Support NMP IT staff in the installation and troubleshooting of IT-related issues (e.g., network and internet connectivity, computers, phones, internet dongles/modems, printers, printer toners/cartridges, photocopiers, toner cartridges, etc.).
- Maintain financial records and databases and assist in the recording of financial transactions in Quick Books.
- Support the Finance Officer in ensuring prompt remittance of statutory deductions to the appropriate government authorities.
- Support the Finance Officer with scanning, filing, and archiving project financial documents per MSI directives.
- Maintain records of incoming and outgoing call/visitor’s logs and ensure proper coordination with project security guards while ensuring security directives/office policies are followed regarding access to project office buildings/workspaces.
- Assist in the operational management and maintenance upkeep of all project office facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all vendor and service agreements to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Support the coordination of staff and visitor travel arrangements, including flight and hotel reservations, car hires, airport transfers, in-country logistics support, and pickup/drop-off arrangements.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Higher National Diploma in Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar discipline is required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in finance and administrative and/or operational management required, preferably in an international organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, partners, vendors, and colleagues.
- Must be a strong team player and possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with a dedication to program support.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Previous experience working on USG funded contracts preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, implement and manage tasks proactively and independently while working within a team.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible and positive.
- MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email: [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
- MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer