Finance and Admin Manager at the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Manager
- Contributes to Business Entity strategy planning and development. Leads the budgeting process and guides the team on compliance and rationalisation.
- Oversees cash flow management process, making sure that funds are available for operational use. Coordinates cash forecasts with Business Entity Staff.
- Reviews monthly budget monitoring reports and take corrective action.
- Provides technical support to budget holders in development of their budgets.
- Support in fund raising strategies and putting supportive systems in place to ensure accountability
Accounting and book keeping:
- Oversees payment process to ensure that all transactions are within accepted standards and in accordance with laid down processes
- Set up a functioning accounting system that ensures transactions are captured accurately and on a timely manner
- Set up a month end calendar and ensure it is strictly adhered to
- Reviews and validates all balance reconciliations
- Maintaining proper physical files and computer files and folders to enable easy retrieval of information by the organisation and others.
- Set up water tight systems and procedures that aim at safeguarding organisations assets against loss due to errors or fraud
- Puts in place approval matrix and ensures the limits are strictly adhered to.
- Payments are done in accordance with laid down process, ensuring monthly reconciliation is done.
- Evaluating internal control system and procedures, highlights the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations
- Provides financial information to management for decision making.
- Ensures flow of financial information is done in a systematic manner-Monthly and quarterly reports
- Prepares statutory financial reports on a timely manner
Building and maintaining good team work spirit and cooperation between finance and programme:
- Ensuring programme staff are trained in relevant aspects of financial management
- Participation in regular project management meetings
- Ensuring a proper understanding of field operations, including risks and practical limitations.
Audit and risk management:
- Prepares for external audit and ensures auditors get full access to financial information required for the purpose of audit
- Support in addressing management comments and adopting audit recommendations-Come up with plan of action to address management comments.
- Together with the internal auditor, identify organisational risks and develop a plan of action to mitigate the risks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 13th February, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Finance and Admin Manager at the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.