Finance / Account Officer at Women, Children’s Health and Community Development (WOCHAD) Initiative
WOCHAD is a non-for-profit making community based organization working in Benue and Ebonyi States. The Organization which was registered with Cooperate Affairs Commission in 2007 is also registered with Federal, Benue and Ebonyi States Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. WOCHAD works directly with rural poor marginalized and disadvantaged Orphans, Disabled, The aged, Women especially young-mothers, widows, displaced person, the illiterate and young children in communities aimed at improving rural community livelihoods through implementing development oriented programs including water, sanitation & Hygiene, improving sustainable agriculture, family economic employment, maternal health, child/orphan supports/education & scholarship, primary health care, sexuality and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS &TB, income generating activities, youth skilling programs, vocational training to enable employment creation, sustainable energy, human rights advocacy, food security, gender equality advocacy, young teen mother supports and institutional strengthening and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Account Officer
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts;
- Prepare, maintain, organize and file the necessary financial reports and documents for the project
- Ensure all balance sheet items are reconciled and harmonized on monthly basis.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with WOCHAD policies & donor requirements. Ensure all financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorized, and administered, in line with WOCHAD & donor policies.
- Ensure proper documentation and settlement of all advances and retirements
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax and registrations, including submission of payments and required reports
- process all banking activities and ensure that all bank account record is properly maintained
- ensure timely and appropriate cash flow which matches with operational needs
- Preparation of budget forecast in line with donor requirement.
- Reconciliation of bank statement with cash book.
- Ensure that all costs have adequate prior authorization and approval.
- Support payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in Budget/financial management in accordance with WOCHAD financial management policies;
- Coordinate with the team to ensure timely financial and progress reporting is completed and submitted by sub-grantees, reviewed and approved on timely manner and file the reports in sub-grant management file preparation of PV and electronic timesheets
- Perform any other assign task.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting or any related field, ICAN, CFA, or ACCA certification is an advantage
- 2+ years related experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software e.g., SAP.Quick Book.
- Strong interpersonal & identifiable influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and accountability
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work well as part of a team
- Must be discreet and professional
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently without errors.
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes.
- Technical know-how on financial report writing
- Analytical and proven problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking & time management skill
N120,000 Salary Monthly.
Application Deadline 26th June, 2023.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WOCHAD Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ethical recruitment, please note that we don’t collect money or participate in any fraudulent activities you can report such to: [email protected]
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Finance / Account Officer at Women, Children’s Health and Community Development (WOCHAD) Initiative
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria