ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services. We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Support Technician
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- The Field Support Specialist will supervise teams responsible for maintenance of cable and termination, Commissioning and Testing Equipment of fibre drop cables networks on the Roads Telecommunications Service networks.
- This will include repairing any Fibre or Copper Cable break. This role is responsible for
- carrying out planned and contingency operations and maintenance (O&M) services in accordance with approved procedures and safety standards.
- Coordinate user support efforts by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
- Implements proactive maintenance and sets up system monitoring, to reduce equipment failure and incident response time
- Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
- Diagnoses network and device problems and implements technical or procedural solutions
- Ensure Quality Control Checks on all reports for resolved incidents in accordance with defined procedures.
- Perform inventory of equipment and consumables required by Contractors, ensuring availability and repair / return of same. Maintains accurate records of the condition of splitters, equipment in all buildings, and inspections.
- Maintain the highest standards for safety and actively promote a world-class safety culture in all aspects of operational procedure
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of sites, keeping up to date & accurate records
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the Health &Safety requirements
- Lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation of Engineering Operations
- Ensure continuous improvement efforts on infrastructure through monitoring of compliance to standards of procedures and policies, while delivering performance against agreed metrics
- Manage maintenance and repair programs, making sure there are no service failures.
- Maintain routing plans, network maps, and disaster recovery plans to aid business continuity in the event of an unforeseen service disruption
- Managing the relationship with Facility managers and their facility staff programs, attending meetings or workshops as specified by the division
- Draft of progress reports which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand by stakeholders and key decision makers
- Manage storage of stock to agreed levels and ensure that you have parts available to complete jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with Line Manager to agree non-reactive works to be undertaken Demonstrate (Key competencies)
- Enable the division to deliver 100% uptime on all lastmile infrastructure.
- Execute Operations and Maintenance (O&M) plan in line with the B2C business objectives
- Produce timely and accurate reports of field activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Execute policies, procedures and work standards required for the maintenance of last-mile fibre infrastructure and ensuring compliance by all maintenance teams.
- Provide feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating Customers.
- Execute performance benchmarks, conducting analyses, and preparing documentation reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Solve a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Motivate and coordinate maintenance teams for individual supervision, support and performance evaluations
- Responsible for the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant discipline
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
- Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- 2+ years of Fibre/FTTH Operations
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as fibre cabling.
- Experience in Vendor Management
- Experience working in a Service Provider environment and providing technical support to end customer solutions.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.