FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Requisition ID: 2021202055
Location: Bama, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health, Nutrition and Protection interventions
- The Field Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating field site operations, facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities. S/he will manage field site staff.
- S/he will also provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with on health. Managing and support clinical activities in the field location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all field site operations including all logistical support for program activities and ensure that all facilities at the field site run efficiently.
- Supervise field site staff.
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of Health and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to Health
- Support system strengthening and of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Serves as liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned
- Update the Project Coordinator & Maiduguri Response Team on all program activities.
- Contribute to planning and coordination of field activities.
- Plan and organize ordering and stocking of program materials.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 1 – 3 years’ relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of Health in humanitarian relief settings
- B.Sc / BA in Public health or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and recipients of assistance.
- Knowledge of primary health and humanitarian programs in emergency situations.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding Health
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Written and oral fluent communication in English.
- Good analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply