Field Coordination Assistant at the International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordination Assistant
SVN No. : SVN2023.04
Location: Awka, Anambra
IOM Classification: G5
Organizational Unit: Emergency Response
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
- Under the leadership and guidance of the Head of Sub-Office, the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator, the IOM Field Coordination Assistant will support Programme Managers and Project Support Unit (PSU) to follow up on the activities implemented at the field level.
- The Field Coordination Assistant will lead field-level coordination internally among the different IOM units for smooth IOM Programme operation and to engage with relevant stakeholders in the location.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Act as the focal person for activities implemented in location within Anambra State.
- Participate in the Local Coordination Group meetings, that includes partners and Government Officials in Anambra together with IOM field team of respective units.
- Support production of regular reports regarding the implementation of IOM activities, constraints, needs and gaps; anticipate constraints and advice on future developments.
- Support implementation of appropriate safety and security procedures related to the protection of IOM staff, its assets and operations. Ensure that all relevant security information is properly disseminated in coordination with Field Security Officer.
- Work alongside IOM staff councillor on identifying staff psychosocial needs and critical incident reporting and ensure provision welfare activity at the field level to promote positive wellbeing and resilience.
- Assist and work alongside Procurement and Logistics Unit (PLU) or Resource Management Unit to ensure smooth IOM operation in addressing vehicle/ movement needs, supplies of project materials, and information sharing on relevant issues of PLU/RMU.
- Support promotion of community-based approaches in the implementation of projects and ensure mobilization of the communities for sustainability in close coordination with team leaders of respective units and PSU.
- Support the mainstreaming of Gender, Protection, Environmental and other relevant crosscutting issues in close coordination with field team with guidance from IOM Protection Officer and respective PMs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Completed University Degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Disaster Management, Project Management, Economics, Statistics, Social Science, Sociology, Psychology.
- Three (3) years Relevant professional experience in emergency response (natural or human made disaster).
- Experience in emergency response programming for marginalized populations, including need assessment, data collection, monitoring, and review.
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors, di and making use of existing coordination structures.
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM, and other emergency response partners.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners.
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
- Knowledge of structures and functions of national and international humanitarian agencies, donors, and organizations.
- Familiarity with the Emergency Response, Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction in the region is an advantage.
- Experience in the coordination of multi-sectoral humanitarian response is an advantage.
- English and Native Languages of areas of Anambra State.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter (not more than one page specifying the motivation for application) addressed to: “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” via: [email protected] using “SVN2023.04 Field Coordination Assistant, Awka” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th January, 2023.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to: “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line – “SVN2023.04 Field Coordination Assistant, Awka“.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Field Coordination Assistant at the International Organization for Migration
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.