Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigerian’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
For the extension of the ongoing project, CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill below position:
Job Title: Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Officer
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Regular
Duration: 9 months with possible renewal
Starting Date: ASAP
- The Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Officer conduct FTR works with child protection case workers at field level to provide identification, documentation, Tracing, reunification, follow ups and interim family-based care services to unaccompanied, separated and missing children as well as supporting caregivers.
- The incumbent plays a key role of managing FTR caseload through CPIMS database system by collaborating with CPIMS Administrator and FTR Database Manager.
- The FTR Officer organizes and conducts FTR field missions and support to child protection caseworkers by also collaborating with Program Coordinator, Child Protection specialist and Technical adviser and Child protection Project Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop weekly FTR schedules and, debrief the case workers on progress and troubleshoot any particular follow-up, tracing or documentation challenges.
- Conduct weekly meeting with child protection caseworkers, Case management supervisor, M&E officer, CPIMS Administrator and FTR Database Manager to review case progress and ensure data entry is completed and accurately verified
- Work with the child protection case workers to raise awareness on prevention of family separations and available FTR services and spread relevant prevention messages in accordance with FTR WG SOP
- Ensure that the FTR data is provided for the 5Ws monthly reports and on time
- Facilitate CPIMS caseload audit to ensure quality of documentation, reporting and case management
- Prioritize and manage cases of unaccompanied and separated minors (UASC) with great focus of UASC in extremely vulnerable situations
- Conduct tracing actions and temporary care monitoring (TCM) in line with National FTR Working Group and SOPs
- Document all registered cases in the CPIMS (including registration, TCMs, tracing actions, reunifications, cases referrals, etc.) within 7 days of visit
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned to him/her by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate for the CHAD Int’l FTR Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Business administration, Social Administration, International Relations, Education or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian work and 4 years in community development programing
- Self-motivated with excellent management and leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their no more than 3-page CV and cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” via: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- Note: All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Deadline 12th October, 2021.