Fairway Project Intern at International Labour Organization (ILO)
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is the United Nations agency for the world of work. We bring together governments, employers and workers to drive a human-centred approach to the future of work through employment creation, rights at work, social protection and social dialogue.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fairway Project Intern
Job ID: 10375
Vacancy no.: ABUJA/DC/INTERN/2022/01
Organization Unit: CO-Abuja
Duration of contract: 6 months
ILO Internship Programme provides an opportunity for talented individuals to:
- Increase understanding of relevant issues at the international level by involving them directly in the work of the Office and the application of ILO principles, programmes and strategies;
- Gain practical experience with the ILO directly related to their field of study.
- The internship programme is not intended to lead to a career in the ILO. There should be no expectation of further employment at the end of the internship.
- The position is located in the International Labour Organisation (ILO) Country Office for Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Liaison Office for ECOWAS, and will be based in Abuja.
- The overall goal of the International Labour Organization (ILO) is decent work and social justice for women and men throughout the world. Decent work is central to global efforts to reduce poverty, and is a means for achieving equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. Development cooperation projects are thus important means for the ILO and its constituents to achieve decent work outcomes. The FAIRWAY Program, funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation, is a four-year inter-regional development cooperation initiative that aims to improve conditions of labour migration across migration pathways from Africa to Arab States and better protect all migrant workers in vulnerable situations within the Arab states region, thereby enabling migrant workers to contribute more fully to sustainable development in both countries of origin and destination.
- Focusing primarily on key sectors in which migrant workers in vulnerable situations are engaged (including the domestic work and construction sectors) the project seeks to address the interlinked structural, behavioural and practical barriers to improved labour migration outcomes through four objectives:
- Private sector, employers’ and workers’ organizations engaged for decent work for migrant workers;
- Gender-responsive policy frameworks are developed or strengthened for fair recruitment and decent work and regulatory compliance.
- Discriminatory attitudes towards women and men migrant workers are diminished; and
- Migrant workers have improved access to information and support services throughout the migration cycle.
- In the context of the advertised internship the selected candidate will be requested to support the activities of the FAIRWAY project related to the above objectives, in particular as detailed below
- The Interns will work under overall responsibility and the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator (NPC) of the FAIRWAY Project and will gain experience through working with the FAIRWAY Project staff, and relevant offices and specialists.
Inter alia, duties and responsibilities include:
- Support implementation of the FAIRWAY Global Programme in Nigeria.
- Assist in planning and organization of meetings, assist in preparing mission files, power point presentations,
- Provide support in activities follow up action that support the smooth running of the office.
- Support and ensure a cordial working relationship with the relevant stakeholders.
- Support the project in documentation required for preparing activity and monthly project reports and contribute to the quarterly narrative reports.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- Interns should expect to devote 10% to 20% of their time to administrative tasks.
- Education: Area of studies: Economics, Law, Business Administration, Psychology, Educational Sciences.
- The candidate should be enrolled in their final year of graduate degree programme or should have completed such a programme no longer than 1 years ago (mandatory)
- Any relevant work experience in labour migration and Development projects would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, in particular Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge on statistical data analysis and/or web design would be an advantage. Good drafting, analytical and research skills. Ability to take initiatives
- Language skills: Excellent command of English (both oral and written). Working knowledge of any other ILO’s official languages would be an added advantage.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate and be guided by ILO competencies, specifically:
- Adaptable to an international, multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Capacity to work on own initiative as well as cooperate as a team member; and
- Sensitivity to diversity as well as gender equality issues..
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong orientation to learning and knowledge sharing.
As an intern in the field, you will receive a monthly stipend from the ILO based on the cost of living in the area of the duty station, unless you receive funding through another institution (for example your university or a foundation). If you receive partial funding, ILO will cover the difference to ensure you receive the appropriate stipend per month. Your travel to the duty station will be at your own expense.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd February 2023.
Please only apply for an internship if you fulfil the following two criteria:
- You have no close relative serving in the ILO.
- This is your first internship with the ILO (only one internship is permitted)
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Fairway Project Intern at International Labour Organization (ILO)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.