External and Media Relations Manager at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External and Media Relations Manager
- Projecting positive image of Egbin Power Plc through various channels to achieve the company’s corporate objectives.
- Assist Head Corporate Communications in implementing the communication strategies
- Develop and effectively implement a media relations strategy, manage the company’s external reputation in consultation with the HOD Corporate Communications, ensuring an agreed consistency of engagement is achieved.
- Increase the Company’s visibility (in all activities) and to position the Company as a trusted partner and provider of choice.
- Proactive identification of potential conflict signs amongst external stakeholders for engagement.
- Crisis management.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Assist Head Corporate Communication to define and implement the overall communications strategy/programme for the Company including materials, templates and job aids to support communication strategies with special attention to external stakeholders.
- Coordinating and overseeing all community and media relations activities.
- Conduct regular dip-stick assessments of stakeholders’ expectations.
- Organize media and stakeholder’s events
- Ensure that key messages relating to the company are duly delivered to all External Stakeholder.
- Ad-hoc community engagement for mutual relationship with the company.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with media personnel and media houses to ensure the image of the Company is well-projected and protected positively at public engagements and forums.
- Conduct regular market research studies, monitor trends and report the same to the Head Corporate Communication.
- Liaise with relevant agencies for creative enlightenment campaign materials-Print and Electronic.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies guidelines on campaign materials-APCON approval of campaign materials and sustaining NERC enlightenment schedule.
- Preparation and placement of advertorials, articles, and press releases etc. in various online, print and electronic media.
- Monitoring and reporting of media activities.
- Assist to organize press conferences, press coverage of events and manage meetings etc.
- Manage media crisis to avert negative publications.
Education and Work Experience
- Relevant University Degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in supervisory role.
- Knowledge and good understanding of effective Communications practice
- Broad knowledge and experience in the power sector will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of the media industry
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Hands-on experience in managing the media and relevant stakeholders
- Effective planning and co-coordinating ability.
- A good team player
- Possess creative and analytical mind.
- Ability to manage crisis.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites such as power point, excel and word etc
- Sound understanding of the Power Industry value chain.
- Possess quality leadership traits.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Time Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 17th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: External and Media Relations Manager at Egbin Power Plc
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.