Executive Program Manager at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Program Manager
Employment Type: Full time
The Executive Program Manager will report to: The Country Director
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position for the life of the contract
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Executive Program Manager plays a critical role in planning and managing USAID GHSC-PSM and Chemonics’ Global Fund supply chain programs in Nigeria. S/he is responsible for coordinating across work plans, budgets, human resources, and stakeholders for all funding mechanisms (USAID Task Orders and Global Fund grants), assisting the Executive Management Team (EMT) to holistically manage programs activities, resources, and performance reporting.
- The Executive Program Manager will also take a central role as the focal person for the PMU and the EMT in planning and implementation of GHSC-PSM project transition and close out. S/he will help build alliances with clients and partners and support senior management decision-making.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serves on and coordinates among members of the Executive Management Team.
- Manages program workplan coordination and implementation on behalf of the EMT by monitoring workplan activities and human resources across funding streams, providing analyses and guidance to the EMT and Unit Directors to determine the planning, operational, technical and budgetary requirements for specific project activities.
- Supports budget analysis and management by assisting the PMU and Field Office Finance team to maintain the Field Office’s budget and monthly financial statement and to monitor the funding pipeline across funding streams; responding to regular and ad hoc budget taskers; and in collaboration with the Chief Financial Advisor and Finance Director, liaising with PMU on budget issues.
- Coordinates routine meetings with the PMU, with USAID Activity Managers, with the Four Corners stakeholders, and for periodic coordination meetings between the GHSC-PSM/Chemonics, USAID and Global Fund.
- Serves as the PMU’s point of contact for routine activities and communications and ad hoc requests.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Carries out ad hoc assignments as dictated by unforeseen operational requirements at the discretion of the Country Director.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Country Director.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Supports Field Office’s M&E processes by coordinating with the Total Quality Management unit in preparing weekly workplan performance management reports for the EMT and SMT weekly meetings.
- Manages the planning of project transition and close-out activities, including strategic planning for activity phase-out and hand-over, staff transitions, and liaising with Home Office PMU to ensure Field Office compliance with project transition and close out policies and procedures.
- Responds flexibly and capably to a wide range of work-related requirements such as providing information on program activities and tracking short-term technical assistance resources and deliverables.
- Performs all tasks and responsibilities demonstrating behaviors associated with Chemonics’ values and competencies at all levels in the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant major; master’s degree preferred.
- At least six (6) years of relevant work experience of which four (4) years are relevant work experience. Experience coordinating development programs on behalf of a donor or implementing organization is preferred.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates experience meeting deadlines and balancing competing equities, audiences, and priorities in a busy professional environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of USAID’s and Global Fund’s operations, procedures, and policies in areas such as project management, procurement, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Evidence of productive and positive working relationships with colleagues and peers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th March, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Executive Program Manager at Chemonics International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria