Executive Assistant at the OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial/clerical services to the Office of the Director-General, performs auxiliary administrative duties relevant to the supervisor's responsibilities and coordinates overall Office activities, within overall policies or instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, logs, reviews and distributes all incoming mail.
- Provides background information and files concerning correspondence and ensures that urgent/important items are drawn to the (Office of the) Director-General’s attention.
- Drafts correspondence in one or more languages, upon own initiative or on-the-job instructions received, for the signature of the Director-General.
- Checks outgoing mail for accuracy, conformity with overall policies or instructions, and use of the correct communication channels.
Business Meetings / Events Arrangement:
- Receives officials and other visitors to the Office of the Director-General and arranges meetings, notifies participants of place, date, time, and subject.
- Makes arrangements for duty travel, prepares travel authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates, etc., are in order and completes the required forms.
- Takes minutes of the meeting and prepares draft records for the Director-General’s approval.
- Manages the (Office of the) Director-General calendar and assists and advises the Office on a variety of administrative and logistical matters.
- Assists the (Office of the) Director-General with the coordination of submissions in relation to budget and work programs.
- Ensures that the (Office of the) Director-General has all the relevant files needed for the Ministerial Council and Governing Board Meetings, as well as other high-level meetings, when necessary.
- Coordinates overall department activities with other assistants within other departments.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements of workshops and trainings.
- Adheres to deadlines and coordinates correspondence, reporting and submissions to Ministerial Council, Governing Board and committees chaired by the (Office of the) Director-General.
- Designs and maintains accurate and effective physical and electronic filing system.
- Performs other duties as required by the (Office of the) Director-General.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Fluent in English and good German proficiency. French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Preferably at least three years at a responsible level in a large organization, preferably international in nature.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Executive Assistant at the OPEC Fund for International Development
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.