Events Lead at the National Basketball Association (NBA)
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Events Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the job
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this position will work closely will work across all business units on the design, planning, and implementation of NBA events and operations throughout Africa.
- This position will take a lead role in our experiential and basketball event operations throughout Nigeria.
- Key contributor to the planning and execution of experiential events (i.e. Jr. NBA launches, hospitality events, fan festivals, viewing parties, etc.)
- Lead the management of overall event budgets for specific event platforms including tracking all event costs, serving as primary contact for the Finance team in London
- Management of event agencies & vendors including the research, selection process and on-going management
- Contribute to managing the creative development process for specific events including management of agency/internal processes
- Support development and execution of on-site and post-event research program
- Accountable for specific event recaps & evaluations.
- Partner with Africa senior leadership by working across various departments to develop new concepts to be monetized, by identifying new events revenue opportunities for existing and new NBA partners
- On-going regular communication with broader Africa events & operations in Johannesburg to review planning & ideation, internal processes, and budget tracking
- Work on the planning and execution of all NBA Events and Hospitality programs held in Nigeria or related to NBA Africa’s business
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project management certification, a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in events operations/management or related field in Nigeria
- Prior experience working across the African continent, preferred
- Prior experience managing events budgets and events agencies, required
- Experience working with corporate partners, delivering on contractual obligations, and providing exceptional client/partner experience
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of event marketing, experiential marketing, media, brand management, promotions (conception through execution and event management)
- Position will require occasional international travel across the African continent.
- Self-starter who is capable of operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), English required, French proficiency strongly preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Events Lead at the National Basketball Association (NBA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.