Emergency Hygiene Promotion Officer at Solidarites International
Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 4 Months – with possible extension.
- The SI Nigeria Emergency Response Team (ERT), also known as RRM unit, is part of the WASH Sector/ RRM which responds to emergency alerts within BAY states in Northeast Nigeria. The unit is headed by the Emergency Program Manager with technical oversight links to the SI WASH Coordination unit. The ERT does not have static program presence but “roves” promptly to respond to alerts of disease outbreak, sudden displacement, or flooding –either in respond to WASH Cluster or WASH Cluster member appeal –including SI. ERT staff shall therefore be able and willing to mobilize and travel instantly to remote and security sensitive locations, working within tight SI security protocols.
- The Hygiene promotion officer shall oversee field implementation of emergency community mobilization and Hygiene Promotion activities as per the Project HP Methodology -integrating hygiene promotion campaign methodology with SI ABCD Methodology. S/he shall supervise Community Hygiene Promoters and report to Emergency Team leader, while collaborating with other members of the SI Emergency Team and program teams of SI and other agencies with which ERT may be responding jointly.
Evaluation and Targeting:
- Through regular field visits, observation and survey the Hygiene Promoter should be able to identify and evaluate the hygiene risks among the community and recommend to TL on measures to be taken.
- The hygiene promoter shall conduct regular KAP surveys (project level or as part of MEAL evaluation) to assess or evaluate gaps between knowledge and attitudes/practices of individuals and households on the 5 domains of hygiene: personal hygiene, water handling, excreta management, food handling, environment)
- To conduct participatory monitoring of all SI emergency HP response activities in the area of response
- Liaise with Water Quality Analyst to utilize results of periodic water quality testing to conduct targeted messaging to households where adverse bacteriological results are reported.
- Liaise with Health Facilities in locations of intervention to collect waterborne disease related incidence and apply the data in effective HP response to the catchment communities.
- Participate in conducting and reporting on Multi-sectoral Needs Assessments –with direct inputs on WASH/Hygiene promotion.
- Participate in beneficiary targeting and selection.
- Contribute towards project procurement process, plan, and supervise WASH NFI kit distributions.
Staff supervision and Training:
- Supervise community Hygiene promoters including assisting them to develop monthly/weekly work plans and reports.
- Regular visits to field, accompanying CHPs on their House-to-House visits.
- Conduct CHP trainings as per training modules approved by WASH Coordination unit, prepare and issue training certificates.
- Conduct training for Water Management Committees on Hygiene Promotion.
- Review and check HP data collection tools from CHPs and update HP database, assisting TL with archiving duties.
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other organizations (NGOs, UN, Government) to exchange best practices and a collaborative approach.
- Take part in SI Project or organizational meetings or in partner bilateral meetings a field level
- Collate reports from CHPs and compile regular (weekly, biweekly, monthly) progress reports to TL. Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader.
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying out of activities and to project objectives.
- Training: B.Sc. /HND in Community Health Education, or other related fields
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up.
- IT skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent writing/editing, analytical and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th March, 2023.
- Select Emergency HP Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
Note: Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Emergency Hygiene Promotion Officer at Solidarites International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.