Electro Technical Officer at AfrikDelta Marine Limited (ADML)
AfrikDelta Marine Limited (ADML) is a 100% Nigerian owned marine and offshore services company, established to provide premium, safe, reliable and efficient services to the major oil and gas companies in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea. ADML was established in July 2012 by The Jagal group of companies and backed by Jagal Group’s 40 years of experience in fabrication, manufacturing, production and logistics supporting Nigeria’s offshore oil and gas production. This forms part of the group’s commitment to constantly develop her portfolio and meet the increasing needs of the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electro Technical Officer (ETO) STCW 111/6 for AHTS Vessel (Marine)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Shall assist in providing safe reliable operation of the vessel’s electrical systems, engines, machinery and all other plant equipment.
- Shall support the Chief Engineer by carrying out orders and / or instructions, and shall inform the Chief Engineer whenever an operation may place any of the vessel’s machinery or other equipment at risk of damage.
- Ensure the vessel is safely operated in accordance with:
- STCW 1978 as amended and MLC 2006
- MARPOL 73/78
- Flag State Regulations
- Class Regulations and Requirements
- The ISM and ISPS Code
- Instruct and encourage crew to work safely and lead by example. Inform Vessel Management of any deficiencies related to equipment, standards and procedures (SLIMS).
- Ensure that the vessel operates efficiently and incident free
- General maintenance is executed on the diving systems as per requirements (If applicable).
- To coordinate daily related activities on electrical , electronic and control Systems.
- Ensure timely and effective communication is maintained by telephone and email.
- To provide support to the TSI with the requisition of electrical/electronic and control systems.
- To receive and inspect electrical goods and equipment for running M&R
- To investigate and analyse root cause of electric/electronic defects and to take timely corrective actions.
- To ensure that the vessel remains within compliance of the requirements of all applicable rules, laws, regulations, guidelines and practices of good seamanship at all times and maintains a high standard of housekeeping throughout the vessel.
- To ensure that the SLIMS is followed and maintained with particular emphasis on the correct use and application of PPE, safety equipment, Check-lists and all other safety precautions relating to job and task performance with particular emphasis on the protection of the environment and pollution prevention.
- To Complete the seagull E-Learning modules as per the crew training Matrix.
- Undertake electrical and technical and engineering-related operations, including the corrective and preventative maintenance and inspection of the vessel’s equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems and all machinery and associated plans.
- Certificate of Competency (COC 111/6) in accordance with STCW 78 (as amended) and or national regulations.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness in accordance with MLC 2006 requirements and or national regulations.
- Must have electrical knowledge and able to read electrical diagrams.
- Must show initiative and be self-reliant, analytical and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Experienced working effectively in team environments
- Possess Engine room Resource Management ERM amongst others
- A minimum experience of 2 years’ experience in same rank and on same type of vessel
- Must have experience with propulsion systems, feedback control systems, GMDSS, Navigational Systems, Power electronic system, electrical distribution systems, ship automation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Electro Technical Officer at AfrikDelta Marine Limited (ADML)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.