The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Job Identification: 2982
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Education
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Education Officer is to provide technical support to education program on implementation including planning, implementation, engagement with project stakeholders, distribution of learning materials and monitoring of project activities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organising and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Line managing two Education Assistants and provide technical and administrative support and capacity development.
- Preparing key planning documents including work-plans to support the achievement of project indicators.
- Ensuring that activities are implemented on time and in compliance with organizational and donor requirements.
- Applying protection and prevention mechanisms in all project activities and interactions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and beneficiaries
- Representing NRC in meetings and coordination with education actors in the area, communities and LGA education and government representatives.
- Monitoring and ensuring that spending is compliant with the project budget.
- Monitoring implementation and documentation of activities in the field.
- Engaging with community leaders, parents, youth and other stakeholders.
The Education Officer will interact with the following:
- Project planning and implementation: Area Manager, Project Manager, Education Coordinator, Education Specialist, Field Office Coordinator, Support Coordinators
- Area operations: Area Manager, Project Manager, Field Office Coordinator, Education Coordinator
- Staff capacity building: Area Manager, Project Manager, Education Coordinator, Education Specialist
- Sector coordination and representation: other NGOs and UN agencies working in education in the area and Education Secretaries for the LGA, beneficiary communities.
- A minimum of 2 year of experience implementing education projects
- Technical education expertise in education
- Fluency in spoken Hausa
- Candidates with university degree preferred; significant experience in the field of education, peacebuilding, vocational education or youth programming will be considered in lieu
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Development of reports and work-plans.
- Experience coordinating with local government and community representatives
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Context Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation and implementation challenges in Nigeria
- Fluency in at least one additional local language of the project implementation area.
- Experience liaising with NGO and government education stakeholders at LGA level an asset.
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2021 at 10:53 AM