Education in Emergencies (EiE) Coordinator at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education in Emergencies (EiE) Coordinator
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- The Education in Emergencies (EiE) Coordinator will be the lead contributor to for the overall implementation of the UNICEF funded Education in Emergencies Program in working closely with Response Manager.
- This will include implementing EiE activities as per the Detailed Implementation Plans in targeted locations and having close interaction with staffs and partners on the ground.
- The EiE Coordinator will work with a number of education partners including authorities and schools as well as other implementing partners, working closely with the Response Manager.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Under the direct supervision of the Response Manager,
- S/he is responsible for day-to-day delivery and monitoring of the project activities in line with the project workplan.
- Work closely with some, SEMA, NEMA, UNICEF, members of the Education sector working Group, UN-OCHA and other UN agencies, to ensure that the programme goals are achieved
- He/She provides overall leadership at a strategic and programme level for the sector, and ensures that GPON vision and overall program goals related to the sector are met
- He/She provides managerial, technical, and administrative support to the project officers.
- Manage and track project budget
- He/She is responsible for designing programmes and writing proposals for new or ongoing projects in line with GPON goals and strategic directions.
- For purposes of ensuring healthy collaboration between the sector’s work and other projects or initiatives in North Eastern region, the coordinator will actively participate in education-related activities and meetings, and will also seek active collaboration with other players working in the education sector.
Programe development and Implementation:
- lead the implementation of GPON education project activities
- Provide guidance to field-based education team on common standards, innovative strategies and approaches which ensure a capacity to address SC Commitments for Children in Emergencies, and reflect good practice in emergency education responses
- Identify critical program gaps and vulnerabilities, and clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to effectively address those gaps
- Ensure quality in the programme by building capacity of the local staff through trainings, and providing trainings in pedagogy, psychosocial support, life skills etc. to teachers.
- Line management of the education project staff
- Prepare performance objectives together with program staffs and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve staff performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Contribute to the development of appropriate and effective program monitoring systems to enable assessment of both the emergency response process and impact and to ensure delivery of results for children
- Support in development of communication materials, case studies and blogs.
- Prepare implementation reports, weekly, monthly or other periodical reports for GPON and funding partners.
- Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices
Coordination and Networking:
- Working closely with the Response Manager, develop partnerships to leverage resources, ensure adequate coverage in the emergency response and early recovery phases, and ensure adequate funding consistent with resource mobilisation strategy and emergency response plans
- Advocate for, and support, the development of sustainable, child-friendly and hazard-resistant standards and designs for learning centres, the integration of life skills into both formal and non-formal education, with a particular focus on Disaster Risk Reduction( DRR)
- Represent GPON programme in the coordination at state levels; represent GPON at the State Education Sector Working Group meetings, working closely with UNICEF, SEMA, UNOCHA among others, to address issues related to strategic planning, roles and responsibilities of sector partners, and joint advocacy.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Three-year progressive experience in Education in Emergencies, programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Willingness to work flexibly and professionally in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Previous experience in working with capacity building/training facilitation is desirable.
- Excellent Computing and data management skills.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, both verbal and written, required
- Commitment to GPON values.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for completing tasks to a high standard and to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in Managing and tracking budgets
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th March, 2023 at Midnight (GMT).
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Women candidates are encouraged.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, GPON has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Education in Emergencies (EiE) Coordinator at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.