Director of Sports at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top ranking University of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation's pride. Established in 1981, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across eight different schools and over fifty academic departments.
The Mission of FUTA is to promote technological advancement by providing conducive environment for research, teaching and learning engenders development of products that are technologically oriented, self-reliant and relevant to society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Sports
Location: Akure, Ondo
- The Sports Centre is responsible for the provision of recreational and sporting services to both students and Staff of the University.
The Director is responsible to the Vice Chancell or through the Chairman of Sports Council for:
- General administration of sports in the University
- Preparation of Annual Sports Programmes, staff schedules and evaluation of same
- Preparation of Annual Budget for the Unit
- Attending meetings of professional bodies and sports organisations/associations such as NAPHER, NUGA, FISU, WAUG, HAN, etc.
- Administering sports facilities and equipment
- Responsible for the technical supervision of all personnel in the Unit-both permanent and part-time
- Secretary to Sports Council; and
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- The person for the post of Director of Sports is required to possess a good First Degree not below a Second Class Lower Division in Physical and Health Education / Kinetics or related discipline from a recognised.
- University plus National Institute for Sports certificate with at least eighteen (18) years cognate post-qualification experience.
- The candidate must have served as Deputy Director for at least five (5) years in the University system or a similar institution, University system or a similar institution.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be IT literate. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
- He/she must be capable of carrying all staff of the Directorate along.
- He/she must also be receptive in line with the phased physical development plan of the University.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are similar to those in other institutions of higher learning in the country.
CONTISS 15 (N4, 484,379.00 – N6, 664,214.00).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including the names and addresses of three referees in an envelope marked “FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR OF ESTABLISHMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE” to:
Federal University of Technology,
Akure, Ondo State.
Interested candidates are to visit FUTA website (www.futa.edu.ng) to complete the application form appropriately.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, candidates should request the referees to send confidential reports to them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit Vision and Mission Statement of not more than one thousand words for the development of the Directorate
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 10th April, 2023.
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Director of Sports at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.