Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration, Nigeria Livestock
Employment Type: Long-term
- ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated livestock program in Nigeria funded by USAID.
- The Activity will explore practical, cost effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states.
- The Director of Finance and Administration will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s financial position.
- The program is anticipated to start in late December 2022 and this position will be based in Nigeria.
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance, grants, procurement, and administration
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management
- Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or relevant field is Required; Master’s Degree is desired
- 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field in Nigeria
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international Donor programs’ rules and regulations is required
- Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required; Knowledge of regional languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.