uLesson is a venture–backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high–quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high–quality, curriculum–relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Illustrator
- Our Content Development Team is in the hunt for talented illustrators who are passionate about technology, education and are seeking the chance to make a difference.
- Initiative, ownership, data- driven decision making, and leadership development will be key differentiators in both the selection process and the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position.
- Preparing storyboards and rough drafts according to requirements.
- Combining hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations
- Refining of existing illustrations.
- Ensuring that illustrations meet quality and brand standards.
- Brainstorming with the design team to come up with new ideas.
- Staying up-to-date with new design techniques and software.
- Using various colours, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept.
- Participating in design briefs with the team member to identify their needs.
- Performing other tasks that may be required by the department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as an Illustrator or similar role.
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations using Adobe illustrator.
- Drawing skills with attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen).
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills.
- Ability to collaborate and meet deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Solid knowledge of software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Salary is globally competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated copy of their CV and an Engaging Portfolio stating why they are a good fit to: [email protected] using ” Application for the position of Digital Illustrator“ as the subject of the email.