Digital and Communications Assistant at Amnesty International
Amnesty International is a global movement with the aim to end human rights abuses. Independent, international, and influential; we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. Amnesty International Nigeria is a national entity that is part of the global and we campaign for meaningful human rights change to build a culture of respect for human rights in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital and Communications Assistant – AI Nigeria
Job ID: 3635
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type: Fixed Term – Contract
Directorate: Public Engagement & Growth
Duration: 2 Years
No of weekly working hours: 40
About the Role
- The Digital and Communications Assistant will work with the Amnesty International Nigeria Media Manager to support the development and implementation of communication strategies, media plans, social media and digital engagements by shaping and developing the brand and profile of Amnesty International Nigeria while engaging with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Work with the media manager to develop and implement media plans and activities.
- Provide support to media aspect of campaigns and human rights projects including creating calendar for the implementation of media actions and commemorative dates.
- Contribute to the human rights messaging and communications plans of the organisation, enhancing the online presence and overall image and awareness in order to advance organisation's goals and mission.
- Integrate gender and youth perspectives in AI's communication and media outputs.
- Manage and generate content for social media platforms e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Prepare and design newsletters and ensure content are checked by respective teams and that they meet the organizational standards.
- Provide website assistance: routinely updating website content and photos.
- Support the team with developing, storing and curating photographs, audio-visual materials including videos, podcasts for reports, media engagement, storytelling, external communications and branding.
- Assist with the analysis and collection of analytical data for websites and social media to provide analytical insights to trends, audience behaviour in order to increase engagement and drive growth.
- Other communications support as needed, including administrative assistance.
- A Degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant discipline e.g. Mass Communication, IT, Arts, Social Sciences or equivalent professional qualification and experience
- At least 2 years' experience working in similar role;
- Experience working with websites, WordPress is desirable;
- Experience working with graphic design tools and software e.g. Canva, Photoshop, is an advantage;
- Experience developing material for a variety of audiences, together with an understanding of the importance of tailoring materials for various target audiences including through digital channels;
- Strong commitment to and knowledge of human rights;
- Good familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc);
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- The suitable candidate must have the ability to exercise high standards of servicing to a range of stakeholders (internal to the National Office and the Amnesty movement, media, governments, NGOs and beneficiaries of Amnesty International's work, amongst others).
- Must understand the work of the Media Manager to enable her/him to offer media support to the Amnesty International Nigeria office and to stakeholders.
N1,000,000 Naira – Salary is negotiable upon recruitment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
Application Deadline 16th February, 2023.
- Please note that this role is based in Nigeria.
- Only those legally authorized to work in Nigeria are advised to apply for this job.
- There will be a 6-month probation period for the postholder
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Digital and Communications Assistant at Amnesty International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.