Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture and working environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Financial Controller
Job Purpose & Main Missions
The financial and operating controller shall:
- Ensure the accuracy of the reporting in strict respect of the deadline;
- Be fully involved in the budget preparation;
- Develop and follow the analytical accounting system;
- Identify/recommend process and/or cost improvement opportunities;
- Manage the overall cost control function, including but not limited to procurement, stock, technical and operations, and develop reliable performance measurement KPIs.
Main Task and Responsibilities Details
Reporting and finance control-related tasks:
- To prepare the various reporting required by HQ, ensure their consistency and respect the deadline.
- To be involved and dedicated to the annual budget preparation process.
- To control the cost of our equipment.
- To prepare the DAC (investment requests), monitor capital cash out, and budget.
- To prepare the monthly reporting and quarterly report for the HQ.
- To prepare all the analyses required by the management.
Cost and Revenues control:
- To follow up the cost per department, par UM, analyze the costs;
- To ensure proper revenues recognition
- To set up weekly, a monthly analysis of these indicators, reported to Financial Controller, CFO. The KPI will cover both operational and financial aspects.
- Support heads of departments (ops) in generating their monthly statistics.
Stock control, task-related, and others:
- To monitor the stock processes: proper implementation of the stock processes, carry out audits and prepare a monthly report;
- To ensure the efficiency of our procurement system and implement the relevant procedures;
- To assist and support the proper implementation of the SOP;
- To prepare the various audit carried out on a regular basis (Internal Audit, Internal control);
- To perform the job-related task assigned ;
Targets and Goals:
- Reporting: Ensure accurate reliability of reporting and Respect to deadlines report D+1
- Reducing Cost: Ensure accurate expenses breakdown analysis, update and follow-up
- Ensure adequate process improvement.
- Continuously improve mastery of all financial activities performed within TICT.
- Accurate measurement of revenue lines.
- Cashflow Improving the clients/debtors reporting improvement.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a BSc in Accounting
- Good use of the email
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office & Databases tools (Proficiency in Excel is a minimum criteria).
- Minimum of 6 years of working experience in a globally recognized accounting firm, Logistics or FMCG company.
- Professional certification such as ICAN or ACA is an added advantage.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-Starter/ Technical curiosity
- Strong administration and follow up skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Deputy Financial Controller” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 22nd May, 2022.
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.