Database Officer at Solidarites International
Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start date: Projected contract duration is 5 Months – with possible extension.
Goal / Purpose
- Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator, the database Officer will be in charge of data entry, data analysis and backing up of information collected on the field.
Data and tools management:
- The Database Officer is in charge of:
- The design and management of operational and MEAL databases
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software
- Ensuring the security of computer data
- Attend the training of field staff about the new tools developed
- Support the teams in the analysis of information and data gathered
- Archive paper, electronic data and reports and making them available to the teams on request
- Maintain updated location maps for Solidarités International (SI) activities by using ArcGIS, QGIS and Power-bi
- Prepare, on request, maps to illustrate the reports
- Support analysis and decision making through a relevant mapping of the humanitarian situation
Reporting / Communication
- Keep tools and files archived and secured at the offices of SI accessible to his/her line manager;
- Support in the design of surveys and other data collection tools with XLSform and their upload to Kobo server;
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns;
- Develop interactive dashboards for different program interventions by using PowerBi, Tableau software
- Participate in collaboration with the program team and MEAL teams in the analysis and processing of data
- Participate in collaboration with program and MEAL teams in the production of graphs based on the data collected.
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or its related field with 1 year relevant experience;
- Proficient in data collection and processing which includes data entry, verification, and validation, as well as data extraction, transformation and loading;
- Must have strong understanding of database management systems, and experience in data security and backup procedures is essential;
- Strong analytical skills to analyse data, identify trends, and generate reports which includes creating dashboards, charts, and graph to present data insights to stakeholders;
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts and skills utilized in creating and maintaining relational databases and linking them with GIS;
- Expertise in large data analysis using Excel and any other software eg. SPSS, etc.
- Knowledge and expertise in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, Kobo Toolbox, Power-BI, Tableau etc.;
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- Should possess strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities to identify issues and troubleshoot database problems;
- Good spoken and written command of English. Knowlege of hausa is a plus;
- Should have excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with other IT professionals and end users and should also be able to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to non-technical stakeholders;
- Attention to detail: should be meticulous and detail-oriented in their work to ensure data accuracy, quality, and consistency.
What we Offer
Salary + Transport, Leave & housing allowance + social benefits (Medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, Compassionate leaves, Public holidays as announced by Government, Festive bonus, Life insurance – Covering death and Permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th March, 2023.
- Select Database Officer, fill the form, and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
Note: As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarités International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Database Officer at Solidarites International
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.