Data Scientist at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job ID: 80394784_80312591
Location: Idejo Street, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Business Segment: Engineering
- Assist in applying data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets to understand and analyse phenomena.
- Model business problems, discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualisation techniques, working closely with clients, data and technology teams to turn data into critical information used to make sound business decisions.
- Candidates should possess a First Degree
- Proficiency in application and web development.
- Structured and Unstructured Query languages e.g. SQL, Qlikview; Tableau, Python, C#, Java, C++, HTML
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Data Monetisation. Proven development experience in software and software engineering. Understanding of financial services data processes, systems, and products.
- Using data mining to discover new patterns from large datasets. Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. and experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in working with unstructured data (e.g. Streams, images)
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Providing Insights
- Examining Information
- Articulating Information
- Checking Details
- Exploring Possibilities
- Diagramming and Modelling
- Data Analysis
- Database Administration
- Data Integrity
- Research and Information Gathering
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Data Scientist at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria
Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.