Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Entry Assistant
Requisition ID: 989
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Job grade: GSA 4
Directorate: Registry of the Court
Reports to: Documentalist – Legal Division
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Contract type: Fixed-Term position (African Governance Architecture Support Project)
Purpose of Job
- To ensure proper documentation services through provision of efficient information and documentation to support the work of the Court.
- Implementation of the digitization project for both judicial case files and administrative records.
- Liaise with Court Clerks and Legal Officers on prioritized cases for digitization
- Upload documents into the Knowledge Management System and AU Common Repository
- Digitization of current and archival administrative documents and review scanned files and update or purge them as necessary for easy retrieval.
- Control the quality of the information captured in digital format and ensure confidentiality of classified information.
- Ensure compliance with relevant AU policies legislation and regulations relating to documents and records management;
- Optimize /re-size big files to the required size in the Electronic case Management System.
- Upload final scanned judicial decisions in the African Union Common Repository
- Keep backup of all scanned documents in safe location (preferably offsite) in case of disaster.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary School Education and a Diploma in either Records Management, Archival / Documentation Studies, Information Management from a recognized educational institution.
- A higher qualification (University Degree or Postgraduate Diploma) in any of the above-mentioned disciplines will be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy and Information Technology skills is essential;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in digitization, archiving indexing or document management, operating heavy duty scanners or multifunctional copiers, preferably in an international organization.
- Demonstrate professionalism;
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex archival issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment and under minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of International Organizations
- Conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages. Good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
- Good Planning and organizational skills, including ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
- Concentration and high level of accuracy;
- Respect for confidentiality and good public relations
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Innovation and taking initiative
Tenure of Appointment
- Appointment to this post shall be based on a Fixed – Term contract for a period of one year. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for the same period subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- The African Court is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The overall salary for this post shall be US$49,367.20 (grade GSA4, step 5 -International) per year, for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 18,679.28 (grade GSA4, Step 5 – Local) per year, for locally recruited staff. This global salary includes all allowances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates who previously applied for this position are encouraged to reapply through the aforementioned website
Application Deadline 28th March, 2022.