Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Operations Officer
Location: Lekki Data Center, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Department: DC & Capital Projects
- Work closely with DC Operations team to raise all the required PRs and be the focal point of contact with procurement for all DC requirements.
- Assist in all vendor contracts to ensure service delivery are in line with the agreed SLA.
- Work Closely with the command centre pull for Remote hands and eyes services for Customers in the DC & CLS.
- Track and report on adherence to scheduled maintenance by operations team and vendors for DC & CLS infrastructure.
- Work closely with operations team and support services to coordinate fuel ordering and supply to ensure DC always has adequate stocks.
- Supports in managing and maintaining the Data Centre store and spares, ensuring return/replacement of spares are done as at when due.
- Provide other engineering supports to DC Operations team as may be required from time to time.
- Participates in Engineering/ technical sessions aimed at Data Centre process improvements.
- Maintain records of all maintenance and incidents both in hard copy and scanned copies on mainyard.
- Work as the incident management officer for the DC and CLS
- Work closely with support services to ensure all site requirements in terms of consumables and supplies are maintained onsite with adequate buffers.
- Coordinate the House Keeping staff deployed to the DC/CLS, ensure the entire DC premises are kept clean and orderly.
- Assist to prepare and submit weekly DC management update reports covering all incidents and activities for review.
- Performing other duties as requested by the DC Operations team and COO Data Center.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related Engineering field.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Knowledge of Data Centre facilities such as UPS, HVAC, BMS, Access control and surveillance systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work even at odd hours when the work demands.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply