Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Operations Engineer
Location: Data Center Lekki, Lagos
Department: DC & Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following task:
- Perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations
- Monitor and supervise Electro-Mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance activities
- Carry out daily routine checks on all electro-mechanical infrastructure within the campus
- Carry out electrical lighting fittings replacement (internal and perimeter) as operations demands
- Carry out diesel delivery and ensure all tests conducted meet the requirement/standard
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Plumbing related faults within the facility including the water treatment plant
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults related to the intrusion detection system (Electric fence)
- Carry out other assigned tasks within the scope of the job position and ensure closure of such task in record time
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required
- Respond to emergencies
- Implement and ensure proper power cabling tagging and management within the facility
- Carry out power provisioning for colocation customers and support their personnel where necessary
- Power provisioning for non-collo customers within the campus
- Oversee and support vendors and contractor’s maintenance activities within the DC on all non-critical infrastructures
- Carry out daily routine checks on DG fuel line and ensure day tanks diesel replenishing
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- National Diploma / Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or in any relevant discipline
- Knowledge in electrical installations
- Knowledge in cable running and termination
- Ability to support and maintain Tier III data center non-critical infrastructure, perimeter lightings, water treatment plant.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience required
- Basic knowledge of comfort cooling system, installation, and maintenance
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, new installations, and repairs
Demands of the Job
- Good attention to details
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables
- Ability to work at height as the job demands.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply