Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Safety and Security Officer
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Responsibile for: Coordination of Security plan in Nigeria
Reports to: Safety and Security Manager, Nigeria
Job Holder: Vacant
Department: Financial and Performance
- The Country Safety & Security Officer, reporting to the Safety and Security Manager, is responsible for the coordination of the country security plan within Nigeria.
- The position ensures local risk controls and standard operating procedures are adhered to and coordinates field safety. The position will be based in Kaduna, Nigeria.
- Implements and coordinates access control procedures.
- Manages office safety and security equipment such as fire and first aid kits and hibernation boxes.
- Coordinates assessment of all hotels in Nigeria used by Sightsavers staff in line with SOPs.International Travel
- Coordinates and assesses all travel in Nigeria for international staff in conjunction with the Safety and Security Manager.
- Holds responsibilities for airport pick-ups and drop-offs.
- Delivers safety and security briefings to international visitors
- Manages surveillance equipment and systems such as CCTV in the office buildings domestic Travel
- Coordinates journey management and conducts risk assessments on all journeys outside of the office location.
- Manages and monitors all vehicle trackers
- Acts as point of contact for traveler communications.
- Maintains and updates the country welcome pack and arrivals brief.
Communications and Risk Assessment:
- Holds the country emergency phone and maintains the emergency communications system.
- Holds responsibilities for all incident reporting within Nigeria.
- Attends INGO security forums as Sightsavers representative.
- Prepares monthly threat situational reports for the country director and SSM.
- Coordinates country call tree, emergency contact lists and incident alert system.
- Assists the SSM and the Country Director in preparing risk assessments for current and new programmes.
- Coordinates vehicle safety checks in liaison with the lead driver.
- Ensures all vehicles are registered and drivers are licensed.
- Ensures all Sightsavers vehicles are equipped in line with SOPs.
- Responsible for vetting of third-party vehicle provides
- Updates and maintains approved hospital/clinic lists throughout Nigeria
- Ensures staff have appropriate medical equipment for domestic travel.
- Nigerian national
- Bsc level education
- Good understanding of operating in central and northern states
- Experience of conducting risk assessments
- Solid understanding of physical security management processes.
- Security management qualification (CPP, PCI, PSP, CPO or equivalent) preferred.
- Previous experience of working for an INGO
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Previous police or military experience desirable due to wider contact network
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidastes should:
Click here to apply
- As an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency resumes, we are therefore unable to adhere to any terms of business related to unsolicited resumes
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2022.