Country Fundraiser at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Fundraiser
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: Fixed term contract (2 years)
Purpose of role
- This role will suit an individual with an exceptional track record in securing funds within the international development sector or other relevant sector.
- The team are looking for a highly skilled, influential and tenacious professional with a proven track record in successfully securing long term funding at Country level.
- If you understand the development sector, have experience working with corporates and high net worth individuals and can tailor your approach according to your audience then this opportunity is yours.
About the role
Key accountabilities, not limited to:
- Bid Development: working alongside internal teams to develop and deliver high quality bids targeting new donors and HNWI’s to support the Nigeria Foundation funding strategy.
- Strategic relationship building: Maintaining internal and external relationships critical to fundraising activities to achieve objectives. Converting identified organisations and high value individuals to supporters/donors. Networking across our thematic areas to further build relations with INGO’s and key stakeholders.
- Individual Giving: Identifying, developing and managing a portfolio of new and existing donors. Taking responsibility for delivery of agreed targets.
- Strategy and Planning: Growing the portfolio to engage new prospects through development and implementation of operational plans that support our fundraising strategies.
- Contract management and reporting: Managing the contracts and grants for agreed Sightsavers’ projects; reporting to the Country Director and Board of Sightsavers’ Nigeria Foundation on income, KPI’s, prospecting, account planning. Maintaining legal and compliance obligations for partners.
- Market understanding: developing and maintaining a broad knowledge and understanding of the corporate social responsibility agenda of corporate organisations/partners in Nigeria towards advising the Country Office on potential areas of collaboration and fundraising.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven track record of successful robust fundraising experience in Nigeria managing corporations and high level relationships
- Experienced working at senior level externally to develop high value relationships with prospective supporters/clients while maintaining relationships with existing supporters/clients
- Depth of experience of fundraising from corporate/foundation fundraising; major individual donors
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor, corporate and foundation fundraising
- Significant experience of successful face-to-face donor / customer contact, building long term relationships
- Extensive experience and knowledge of good fundraising practice and relevant legal issues or equivalent from a commercial setting.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Available to travel across Nigeria for up to 12 weeks annually.
- Significant experience working at senior level in a fundraising, marketing or sales capacity
- Previous experience within international development in a similar role ideal
- History of meeting or exceeding financial targets and soliciting gifts from donors, prospects and business in a commercial setting
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd March, 2023.
- Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 27th March, 2023 onwards. The recruitment process will be in three stages.
- First stage will be a written task, successful candidates will then be invited to a virtual interview.
- The final stage will be a face to face interview in the Lagos office at a date to be determined in April, 2023.
- As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
- Please complete your application in English. We are particularly interested in your motivations to work with Sightsavers. We reserve the right to close this ad early.
- Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls
Before applying for this job, read:
Thank you for viewing: Country Fundraiser at Sightsavers Nigeria
Please share this job post to your friends and family.
View Latest Jobs in Nigeria By Industry
- Agricultural / Agro-Allied Jobs
- Aviation Jobs
- Building / Construction Jobs
- Business / Finance Jobs
- Education / Training Jobs
- Entertainment Jobs
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Fashion / Lifestyle Jobs
- Government Jobs
- Health / Medical Jobs
- Hospitality / Travel / Tourism Jobs
- International / Multinational Jobs
- IT and Telecoms Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Manufacturing / Industrial Jobs
- Maritime Jobs
- Media / Publishing Jobs
- NGO / Humanitarian Jobs
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Pharmaceutical Jobs
- Power / Steel / Energy Jobs
- Professional Bodies / Associations
- Real Estate Jobs
- Recruitment / Consulting Companies
- Retail / Sales Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Transport / Logistics / Haulage Jobs
- Religion Jobs
- Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Scholarship in Nigeria