Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Kaduna or Abuja, Nigeria
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Interviews: Week commencing 13th September 2021
- Sightsavers is excited to be seeking a Country Advocacy Coordinator to join our office in Nigeria and strategize and deliver advocacy across all Sightsavers Thematic Areas.
- The Country Advocacy Coordinator will lead in the implementation of advocacy work and coordination of advocacy support to all Sightsavers supported programmes in Nigeria, as well as crosscutting priorities such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as implementation at the country office level.
- Working with the Country Director, Director Programme Operations and Global Advocacy Advisor West Africa you will develop and implement country policy influencing objectives and advocacy plans by organising round tables and set up meetings with policy/decision-makers for influencing strategic partners at national and state levels.
- You will ensure that that Nigeria Country Office (NCO) policy objective and advocacy plans align with Sightsavers global priorities on eye health, inclusion, and inclusive education, and represent Sightsavers at the senior level to decision-makers and deputise for the Country Director when required on all advocacy issues
Further duties include:
- Leading on the development and building of strategic partnerships and alliances with national inter-governmental bodies and multilateral to maximise advocacy opportunities as delegated by the Country Director.
- Identify opportunities to strategically influence thematic areas and share with the CD and GAA for decision-making purposes.
- Ensure that NCO advocacy plan/work is integrated within Sightsavers’ programme planning and Monitoring & Evaluation systems. Ensure effective use of advocacy reporting and monitoring tools e.g., SARA App.
- Lead on providing technical support to Nigeria Country Office on context analysis, stakeholders mapping, development of advocacy messages and plans address systemic issues in eye health, health systems strengthening, social inclusion and Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- As successful, you will possess a Master’s Degree in Social Science (or have equivalent working experience), have significant experience of working as a development professional with INGOs, a background in Advocacy work, and previous experience of building staff capacities to develop and deliver advocacy plans.
- You will have of developing and implementing systems to record and measure the impact of advocacy activities or Specific experience of health sector advocacy at national, regional and international levels, and experience of leading or coordinating advocacy efforts at the national level.
Local Terms and Conditions apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please be aware that due to an expected high response to this role we may close the ability to submit applications before the above mentioned close date.
- Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society
Application Deadline 5th September, 2021.