Subscribe to get the latest job vacancies in Nigeria delivered to your inbox.
The NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) is West Africa’s most renowned center dedicated solely to offering premium cancer care, research, education, and prevention. Our aesthetic facility stands distinct within the walls of the prestigious Lagos University Teaching Hospital and boasts world-class, state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that deliver international standard Cancer care in a comfortable and safe environment. Our Clinical team comprises highly skilled and experienced in-house Clinical and Radiation Oncologists, Oncology Nurses, and other multidisciplinary specialists with a proven track record of excellence in clinical leadership and expertise in the field of Oncology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Driver
- This job holder is responsible for operating the vehicle and ensures general safety of assigned vehicle.
- The driver would be responsible for picking up and driving as well as other scheduled appointments.
- And also will be responsible for performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles to assure the functionality of the vehicle.
Safely transport persons and goods:
- Transport safely all assigned employees and goods to ride in the official car as directed by the line manager
- Always be in possession of a valid driving license and personal identification
- Respect and observe the Nigeria traffic regulations, speed limits and adjust speed according to road and risk conditions
- Observe the center standard operating procedures for vehicles (example; use of seat belts for self and passengers at all times)
- Observe the manufacturer technical conditions of use for all vehicles (water, tyres, oil, etc)
- Report any accident immediately to line manager and the nearest police station for purpose of insurance claims
- Ensure safety of vehicles assigned to you at all times
- Ensure all person in the car signoff on the log-book for any completed trip;
- Submit both log book and fuel consumption sheet to the Senior Procurement and Admin officer at the end of every week;
Vehicle maintenance and checklist for all trips:
- Responsible for daily and weekly preventive maintenance and report to the line manager any problems with vehicles
- Ensure vehicles are always on full fuel tanks
- Diligently and promptly update the movement and fuel consumption logbook
- Furnish the logbook to the line manager as and when required to facilitate preparation of monthly vehicle and fuel consumption reports
- Always ensure the vehicle insurance and licenses are valid before driving any vehicle
- Alert line manager when service and maintenance schedules are due
- Clean the vehicle inside and outside as and when necessary/ keep your vehicle clean externally and internally at all the times
- The driver has also to prepare additional materials according to trip needs (for example, additional fuel tank, stickers, flag, medical and food kits, additional spare tyres)
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly vehicle check
- Behave in a professional manner at all the times with the understanding that the public associates your behaviour with the center
- Ensures the official vehicles are safely parked within the office environment and approved sites at all times
- Check that items mentioned in the logbook are in the vehicle before leaving
- Perform daily vehicle pre–departure checks to include fuel, engine oil, coolant, lights, tyres, horn, tools and equipment, brakes, windows and mirrors, etc.
- When a field trip is planned, the driver has to inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before leaving and be ready for scheduled departure time
Security, communication and miscellaneous duties:
- Promptly report all relevant security incidents/concerns to the Senior Admin & Procurement Officer
- Carry out other delegated tasks as assigned by authorized person (line manager). Theses may range from mail delivery, payment of bills, picking or dropping of staff or visitors and other similar tasks
- Organise the assigned task in the most efficient and effective manner, so as to minimize vehicle use (fuel consumption, wear and tear);
- Ensure a first aid box is available in the vehicle at all times;
- Carry out any other duties as requested
- A minimum of an SSCE certificate
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Honest and pleasant personality is essential
- Previous training on defensive driving and safety will be an added advantage;
- Ability to communicate (read and write) in English Language
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment is essential;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email